No announcement yet.

Part II - Designing and folding a bass horn within fixed external dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part II - Designing and folding a bass horn within fixed external dimensions

Last edited by diy speaker guy; 01-02-2013, 02:53 PM.
    Don't even try
    to sort out the lies
    it's worse to try to understand.

Re: Part II - Designing and folding a bass horn within fixed external dimensions

Last edited by diy speaker guy; 01-02-2013, 02:53 PM.
    Don't even try
    to sort out the lies

Comment

Re: Part II - Designing and folding a bass horn within fixed external dimensions

Last edited by diy speaker guy; 01-02-2013, 02:54 PM.
      Don't even try
      to sort out the lies

Comment

Don't even try
        to sort out the lies

Comment

Don't even try
          to sort out the lies

Comment

Don't even try
            to sort out the lies

Comment

Last edited by diy speaker guy; 01-02-2013, 02:55 PM.
              Don't even try
              to sort out the lies

Comment

Don't even try
                to sort out the lies

Comment

Don't even try
                  to sort out the lies

Comment

Hi,

I sent you a PM on this topic.

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

Is this a future thing or did all the posts get deleted?

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
                      return to the source
                      leviathan system thread
                      deadhorse thread
                      shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by weinstro View Post
                        Hi,

I sent you a PM on this topic.

Thanks,

Rob
                        I'll get back to you later today. Just for future reference, I don't post publicly or check PMs anymore, so email me instead. I'm still more than happy to help (as always), but not publicly anymore.
                        Don't even try
                        to sort out the lies

Comment

Even though I probably shouldn't, I'll outline why I'm not here anymore one last time in case anyone that cares missed it. I broke it up into sections for the tldr folks.

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
                          Is this a future thing or did all the posts get deleted?
                          Actually it's a very very extremely bad mood thing. That's the short version and I should probably stop there but...
                          Don't even try
                          to sort out the lies

Comment

For anyone that cares, this is the long version. I know full well this is going to do more harm than good, most people are going to laugh at me and call me a thin skinned whiny little *****, but that's life.

I've never been very popular around here, my audio related educational background is very different than most here and I "grew up" in forums with a very different culture. Quarter waves, horns, emphasis on high performance (accounting for things like power and port compression). I came here to learn about passive crossover design and I did. This is probably the best place in the world for that. You can get a university level education in passive crossover design from the content and links in this forum. On the other hand, this forum is at a grade three level when it comes to enclosure design. Like it or not, this field is just as big and diverse as passive crossover design.

As everyone knows, I was a passionate and outspoken contributor when it came to my areas of expertise, and I took a lot of abuse because of that. Every once in a while I got a "thank you" but those were very few and far between. My posts were always full of information and I probably did more simulations for people than anyone ever has here. Most of this was either ignored or it was stated that the differences between WinISD and more advanced simulations simply don't matter. That's fine, I did it to keep my skills sharp as much as to help others.
                            Don't even try
                            to sort out the lies

Comment

Then a couple of months ago it all came to a head in very dramatic fashion. Three major incidents in a single week, and then a particularly low blow shortly thereafter.

1. A longstanding member entered an mltl theory thread about 140 posts in, fully admitting he didn't understand the subject matter and stating that out of all the contributors Paul K was the only one he trusted. Now don't get me wrong, Paul is a wizard at what he does, but it made me understand a bit better how people choose which info to digest. If info is disregarded based on popularity I don't see any point in contributing.

2. Probably THE most famous and influential personality of this forum entered a thread about 20 posts in to declare that my simulations looked wrong. It went something like this.
                              "something looks wrong there."
                              "Are you sure you understand what I'm doing here?" I asked.
                              "Yes, I see what you are doing and it's wrong."
                              "I have a great amount of respect for you and I take note when you comment on my work, but I am pretty sure I'm not wrong here. Are you sure you read the whole thread and understand what I'm doing here?"
                              "Yes, I read the whole thread twice and you are doing something wrong."
                              At that point I gave him the benefit of the doubt and spent 12 hours trying to find my error before returning in a bad mood. And I explained in explicit detail what I was simulating. Finally he admitted that my simulations were not wrong, but instead of apologizing, he said there was no need to simulate it in the first place.

3. A major trainwreck in a different forum that has nothing to do with this place.

And then, the icing on the cake, after I had already stopped posting publicly a month previously, this completely unprovoked comment from another respected member
                              I think diyaudioguy and ridikas may wana join in for even livelier experience. Measure it all with MJK software and and obvious statements that are only obvious to the person who makes that statement.
                              Don't even try
                              to sort out the lies

Comment

Working...
                              X