OT: free online DSP course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: free online DSP course

May be of some interest to many of us.....
    Starts in February 2013

https://www.coursera.org/course/dsp

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
    "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
    SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
    My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Re: OT: free online DSP course

You have signed up?
    The outline looks essentially the same as when I took analog and digital signal processing many years ago.

Bernie Hutchins and Walter Ku were the advisors when I studied for the MEng degree. Bernie was both hands on and deeply theoretical and advised us for most of the work. He is about the best that I've ever met. The highly complex subjects that he covers in Electronotes and class notes are just amazing. Bernie did most if not all of the lab notes for Analog and Digital signal processing at Cornell.
    He offers some of his Electronotes (they are essentially the same as many of the lab notes for Cornell) newsletter here under Free Materials: http://electronotes.netfirms.com/?go...ember_72983560
    Might help to read another perspective for anyone who decides to take the online course - Bernie is outstanding at explaining complex subjects. The free material is a very limited subset of Bernie's Electronotes Newsletter but I believe that the basics of analog and digital signal processing are there.

Comment

Great find! Definitely signing up

Comment

I signed up for this a while ago. There is also a Intro to Electrical Engineering course that may be of interest to some.

Coursera is my new favorite thing. I'm extremely impressed with an Astronomy course I'm taking now.

Comment

I took the Design course, which started back in October. It was a very well done course. I'm hoping more of the Coursera classes are just as good. I'm planning on following the Digital Sound Design, Music Production, and Improv courses which start soon (I'm an unemployed engineer who is also an amateur musician...I have plenty of spare indoor time this winter!). I thought I might try the DSP course, but I'm not sure if my brain can handle that stuff any more.
          Statements: "They usually kill the desire to build anything else."

Comment

OT; But an inter-active on-line PCD class for idiots like myself would be PRICELESS. I just can't understand what I'm not "getting" about it, other than I'm overwelmed by it.

Comment

Well that's freakin' sweet. (I just dated myself to 1992).

Thank you.

Comment

Thought y'all would like it!
                Unfortunately, I can't take it at this time.
                I'll be "up to my eyeballs" in Advanced Cryptography in Februry and March.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Working...
                X