No announcement yet.

AXPONA 2013 in Chicago - who's going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AXPONA 2013 in Chicago - who's going?

This may be old news to some of you, but I found out recently AJ's original Soundfield speakers are no more. The KEF Uni-Q driver is gone (they got mad at AJ I guess) and replaced by a horn loaded ribbon. Bryan's show pics include one of AJ's high-end version with an added super-tweeter dome above the ribbon. Here's a link to AJ's site http://soundfieldaudio.net/Home.html
    Live in Southern N.E.? check out the CT Audio Society web site.

Comment

Originally posted by carlspeak View Post
      This may be old news to some of you, but I found out recently AJ's original Soundfield speakers are no more. The KEF Uni-Q driver is gone (they got mad at AJ I guess) and replaced by a horn loaded ribbon. Bryan's show pics include one of AJ's high-end version with an added super-tweeter dome above the ribbon. Here's a link to AJ's site http://soundfieldaudio.net/Home.html
      The ones I heard at AXPONA Chicago had the horn loaded ribbon + super tweeter. They sounded very good.
      Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
      Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
        The ones I heard at AXPONA Chicago had the horn loaded ribbon + super tweeter. They sounded very good.
        I'm sure they do sound good. I heard his originals about a year ago and they did sound good. I believe AJ is a good engineer. He's in a tough business situation there. He must have to stock a reasonable number of drivers to ensure a good supply to meet orders and prevent obsolesence early on due to driver's being discontinued - a situation he cannot control. I hope he's at RMAF this fall. I'm planning to go and look forward to hearing his speakers.
        Live in Southern N.E.? check out the CT Audio Society web site.

Comment

Working...
        X