Blue Icicle question???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Icicle question???

I'm working on getting a setup working so I can do some speaker measurement; ARTA and/or HOLM. I've been getting a lot of help from some very knowledgeable TT members. Things aren't going very well and we're thinking there might be a hardware issue. I'm using a Blue Icicle, but in device manager (the BI is labeled USB Multi-Channel Audio Device), it says the USB device cannot start (Code 10). I know this is referring to my BI because when I unplug the BI, the USB Multi-Channel Audio Device entry goes away. I'm using Windows 7.
    Any suggestions how I can get the BI "started?"
    Thanks,
    Mike
    "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
    My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

Re: Blue Icicle question???

Check windows support. There is a possible device driver issue.
    Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
    DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
    Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny_k View Post
      Check windows support. There is a possible device driver issue.
      Thanks for the info. I just emailed them. Hopefully this will solve my problem.
      Mike
      Bismarck, North Dakota

Comment

I use mine with XP and there are no issues, plug it in and it loads the drivers, then in the HolmImpulse control panel it shows up as a USB Mic. You can tell it's working by turning on the Record Meter.

I just remembered, I loaded my shop laptop with W7 a few months back and the Blue works the same on it as it did with XP.
        www.billfitzmaurice.com
        www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
          I use mine with XP and there are no issues, plug it in and it loads the drivers, then in the HolmImpulse control panel it shows up as a USB Mic. You can tell it's working by turning on the Record Meter.

I just remembered, I loaded my shop laptop with W7 a few months back and the Blue works the same on it as it did with XP.
          I happen to have an older laptop with XP on it. When I use it, it recognizes my BI. However, I get the following error when I click on the StratRec icon - "waveInOpen: The specified format is not supported or cannot be translated. Use the capabilities function to determine the supported formats." I have no idea what that is and I can't find anything I can use on a Google search. All I can say is GRRRRRR!
          Thanks,
          Mike
          Bismarck, North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by mikejennens View Post
            I happen to have an older laptop with XP on it. When I use it, it recognizes my BI. However, I get the following error when I click on the StratRec icon - "waveInOpen: The specified format is not supported or cannot be translated. Use the capabilities function to determine the supported formats."
            When I look at it in Device Manager it shows up as USB P n P (plug and play, I imagine) device. What is StratRec? ARTA? Can't help you there.
            www.billfitzmaurice.com
            www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Mike, I hope this helps you out.
              http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findby...e-10-error.htm
              Jeff

Comment

Idk man, I just plug mine in and it works... There has never been an issue other than audio input/output swapping, which takes all of a few seconds to sort out...

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
                return to the source
                leviathan system thread
                deadhorse thread
                shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Try changing USB ports. One may act as the primary and may cure your problem.
                  Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
                  DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
                  Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

I've got a fairly old (5yr+?, and CHEAP) Compaq tower running Vista Home, and just using the onboard sound (chip). It's got 2 USBs on the front panel. If I right-click on the little speaker icon (down on the "tray"?) and open up "Recording Devices", it says:
                    MICROPHONE - Realtek HD Audio - Not plugged in
                    LINE IN - Realtek HD Audio - Not plugged in

As soon as I plug my Blue Icicle into EITHER port, I hear a tone ("ba-loop"), and immediately, added to the top of the list (with a green checkmark) I see:
                    MICROPHONE - Blue Icicle - Working

I've never had any issues with it.

Comment

Mike,

I've got blue icicle working on a very old Compaq laptop and Windows 7. I suspect like peepaj that it is a corrupt Windows driver that comes with the operating system (not a downloadable driver). Are you using the laptop for anything else? If not, perhaps a re-install of the operating system and an update might be the way forward.

John

Comment

Working...
                      X