X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSD-Lite Beta 2

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
    Why can't EYE see a link?
    Under your account settings->general settings->thread display options there is a check box that shows/hides signatures. Chris, maybe this is turned off in your profile?

Sandy.

Comment

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
      Any one know if or how I could install this on my android phone?
      No. The user interface is designed around Visual Studio forms and graphics functions, and these don't easily translate to portable devices. If you look at the code, it is probably over 80% user interface and less than 20% number crunching. It's not impossible to do something like this on a phone, but it would take a lot of work and more expertise than I have.
      Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Comment

Originally posted by sandyh View Post
        Under your account settings->general settings->thread display options there is a check box that shows/hides signatures.
        Good to know--I didn't realize that the link might not show up
        Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Comment

Yup, it was. Thanks.

Comment

Seems to work well. I like how scrolling up and down quickly spins through common values. Overall, great job.
            If I had a wish list of features, it would be two things:
            1. An LCR filter in series with the filter (there is one after, but I'd also like one before). I use this a lot in PCD to model tank filters.
            2. The ability to view more than one graph at a time.

Otherwise, like I said, great job!
            Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
            Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

This program also requires Microsoft Visual Basic PowerPacks 10.0 and .net framework. No chance of loading this on a phone and for me no chance of loading it at work either.... :(

I'm giving it a go at home though and I'll try to post some feedback.
              Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Thank-you Neil!
                "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
                exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
                  Seems to work well. I like how scrolling up and down quickly spins through common values. Overall, great job.
                  If I had a wish list of features, it would be two things:
                  1. An LCR filter in series with the filter (there is one after, but I'd also like one before). I use this a lot in PCD to model tank filters.
                  2. The ability to view more than one graph at a time.
                  Thanks for the feedback. I really haven't done too many passive crossovers, so it wasn't clear to me whether the filters before the crossover was really necessary. It's not too hard to implement, but it would take some time to add the extra stage in the schematic and to add all of the extra textboxes. It won't happen right away but I'll try to add that in some future iteration. As far as the graphs, I'll have to think about that--I was trying to keep the window small enough to fit on a laptop, so I went with the tabs. But I could combine some of the charts or launch another form that displays all of the data at once. I was going to add another tab for phase tracking like Charlie has in his Combiner tool but decided to wait and see if people thought it would be really useful or not.

To be honest with you, I don't have a clear evolution plan for this program yet. PSD-Lite is a spin-off of the full PSD program and my primary objective was to get feedback on the user interface approach. The full version has a number of databases: for T-S parameters and for parts. The parts database is what makes the full version more interesting--you can select from capacitors, inductors and resistors from PE's catalog and the program will create a Bill of Materials and populate a shopping cart...or at least, it will. PSD started out as a front-end for shopping--never intended for it to be a stand-alone crossover design tool. So I have to figure out my priorities and think about how much time to put in PSD-Lite. I'll probably keep maintaining it and add in the Baffle Diffraction module since I already have that in PSD, but PSD-Lite will need to a take a backseat to PSD and ASD development for a while. But PSD-Lite won't go away and it will always be free...just may not get updated as often.

Comment

"This code requires a connection to Audiodevelopers.com for activation"

... really?

Comment

Originally posted by SirNickity View Post
                      "This code requires a connection to Audiodevelopers.com for activation"

... really?
                      No, not for PSD_Lite. "Activation" isn't even the right term--it's part of a two-step process to check if the software is up-to-date. The first step checks for a specific file on Audiodevelopers.com. If it can't reach the site or if the file isn't there then you see that message. If it finds the file but the data is incorrect it tells you to download the latest version. I put that in there so I wouldn't have my embarrassing mistakes in early versions of the software floating around the Internet for eternity :o. It might be part of a licensing scheme later on for PSD or ASD, the "full" versions of the software, but I don't need it in PSD_Lite, except maybe to get rid of the Beta versions.

Give me some feedback on the software so I can release it without that check. I need to know if everything works and if it's user-friendly and if it looks "professional" enough. Nobody has said anything about the box modeler and splicer or the active circuit design tools. I'm not going to be comfortable releasing this without some comments.

If you need a copy of the Beta 2 without the file check, I'll send you a link.

Comment

Nah, I can run it later when I have network access. Work PC is off limits for software installation, and having a personal laptop on the LAN is also no-go. Had to sneaker-net the .NET pre-req's, then ran headfirst into a brick wall. :rolleyes: Oh well, it's the weekend.

Comment

I like the UI, easy for a dink like me to use it. My only issue is the graphs seem like they are way too short, not sure if it's in issue with the program, or an issue with my monitor resolution though (40" LCD) Now if I could just get SPL copy or SPL trace to work I'd be in business.
                          My modest builds:
                          Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
                          Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
                          Armadillo Center Channel
                          Au-Rock-O Sub
                          Tarkus
                          Staining MDF tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by bolland83 View Post
                            I like the UI, easy for a dink like me to use it. My only issue is the graphs seem like they are way too short, not sure if it's in issue with the program, or an issue with my monitor resolution though (40" LCD) Now if I could just get SPL copy or SPL trace to work I'd be in business.
                            Just drag the window corner and make it bigger. There is code that recalculates the chart size to fit the window .

Comment

I suspect it is an issue with my resolution then, normally with a display this size the resolution is set much higher. I have it set lower so I can actually use it from 8 feet away, so that might be why it's shrinking the graph on me. Even with the window at full screen the graph is to short to read. I'll load it up on the laptop and see if that works better, if it does then my suspicions are correct. Now I'm wondering if my resolution settings may have something to do with my issues with SPL trace too. So I guess it's just me, like I said, DINK :p
                              My modest builds:
                              Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
                              Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
                              Armadillo Center Channel
                              Au-Rock-O Sub
                              Tarkus
                              Staining MDF tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by neildavis View Post

If you need a copy of the Beta 2 without the file check, I'll send you a link.
                                Would you please? The system I intend to use it on isn't on the 'net.
                                Much thanks for the software, sincerely appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                                X