OT: the 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: the 500

I tried to watch it, I really did. I used to be a die hard NASCAR fan (been to Bristol a dozen times and many other tracks) but wow does the TV coverage suck now. Danica Danica Danica.... D-bag Jr. D-bag Jr. Does NASCAR own Fox? Yuck! Luckily NHRA is on tonight!!! Rant off, sorry.
    Craig

Re: OT: the 500

IDK, but next season, they are hosting F1 all season long. :( I have no ideal how Speed lost such a long standing contract with them, but I got a bad feeling.

Comment

danica, danica, danica.
      " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
      Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
      http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        danica, danica, danica.
        Thbbbbb!
        Craig

Comment

Martin Truex Jr. South Jersey represent!

Comment

On my FB yesterday, there were several people that made posts along the lines of "What a great race! Lots of wrecks! Danica is hot!". Leads me to believe the typical Nascar fan would be happier attending a demolition derby.
            Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

With their nascar/reality shows all-the-time focus, they've lost more than the core viewers. With their treatment of WSBK and MotoGP enthusiasts, not to mention the series themselves, I've been more & more disappointed. They lost F1 and World Superbike this season, which is a big loss for me and my friends. Fortunately, MotoGP has an all-season "Pass" and WSBK was picked up by beIN Sports Network. I watched the first beIN broadcast last night and it was amazing. No commercials during the races and in proper order: race 1 first, then Supersport, then race 2. I could never have dreamed I could get this level of coverage, but it's there. With my MotoGP Pass, beIN Sports/WSBK and F1 on another network, Speed has no value any more. Supercross is the only series I watch there and when that's over, I'll only continue with Speed IF they pick up the outdoor Motocross...which now seems extremely unlikely in the wake of all the great racing they've lost because of their nascar-cash-cow bent. Sad, as I signed up for the original Speedvision because of their dedication to showing the great series that were never shown in the US. Things change and broadcasting is a business after all, all tied to ratings. With the attitude towards motorcycles and racing them in this country, no wonder nascar is as popular as it is. If it doesn't go around in a circle or have a ball involved, it's not a viable broadcasting property in the USA. I used to follow nascar when it wasn't clone-cars, nose-to-tail. We know about the power of marketing and exposure/hyperbole...look at bose.

John A.
              "Children play with b-a-l-l-s and sticks, men race, and real men race motorcycles"-John Surtees
              Emotiva UPA-2, USP-1, ERC-1 CD
              Yamaha KX-390 HX-Pro
              Pioneer TX-9500 II
              Yamaha YP-211 w/Grado GF3E+
              Statement Monitors
              Vintage system: Yamaha CR-420, Technics SL-PG100, Pioneer CT-F8282, Akai X-1800, Morel(T)/Vifa(W) DIY 2-way in .5 ft3
              Photos: http://custom.smugmug.com/Electronic...#4114714_cGTBx
              Blogs: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=2003

Comment

Great points John. Speed used to be all a out racing (cars, motorcycles, boats, planes, etc.). Reminds me of MTV. Anyone remember when they actually played music videos?
                Craig

Comment

Go fast, turn left, don't wreck. Is it really more exciting than baseball?

Where did the cartoon gopher go? Can we get an animated robot to kill dead air?

Comment

American racing just isn't the same without Pontiac. :(

I still follow Gran Am though and is there anything more exciting than NASCAR at the Glen?

Comment

The only thing that made the Daytona at all interesting was how well Danica would do. While watching the Lakers beat Dallas (Yea!), and then the Buckeyes beat Michigan State (Yea, again!), my wife and I occasionally switched to Fox to see the standings. In case you didn't notice, I don't have any interest at all in Nascar or similar TV fair. :p
                      Paul

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                      I tried to watch it, I really did. I used to be a die hard NASCAR fan (been to Bristol a dozen times and many other tracks) but wow does the TV coverage suck now. Danica Danica Danica.... D-bag Jr. D-bag Jr. Does NASCAR own Fox? Yuck! Luckily NHRA is on tonight!!! Rant off, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                        Luckily NHRA is on tonight!!!
                        I wonder how many of our subwoofer fanatics have ever experienced fuel cars up close... it's not every day you get to feel sound waves digesting your food as they pass through you ;)
                        Ed Henderson

Comment

Originally posted by ejh2854 View Post
                          I wonder how many of our subwoofer fanatics have ever experienced fuel cars up close... it's not every day you get to feel sound waves digesting your food as they pass through you ;)
                          Brainerd nationals is a good place to start for that

I used to work at a factory that butted up against the airport, said airport shared by the local SD Air Guard. The flyboys would take off in the F-16 about three hundred feet from where would be taking our smoke breaks. Not even top fuel can come close to that.
                          Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

lol You win although here in Charlotte we get four-wide fuel cars at the spring race, which is pretty durn impressive at the starting line.

Ed Henderson

Comment

The best part of tonight's NHRA's coverage is no more PAUL P! What a jag! He destroys the Indy 500 coverage every year :(
                              Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X