Planning to build RS225 Duets Sealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning to build RS225 Duets Sealed

I would like to build Paul K's duets but sealed. I was thinking of a 0.75 cu ft enclosure and keep the same baffle width and crossover. The sealed version would sit on top of a 12 " RS HF sub on each side. The sub enclosures are 14 inches wide and 32 inches high. Will this work without mod to the crossover?

Re: Planning to build RS225 Duets Sealed

I suspect it will work without any crossover changes other than possibly BSC. I modeled your proposed sealed box with internal dimensions of 8.5" x 8.5" x 18" and attached the predicted response with the whole box stuffed at 0.5 lb/ft3 and the two drivers located just like they are on my build.
    Paul
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RS duets sealed.gif
Views:	1
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	1147025

Originally posted by kendomusic View Post
    I would like to build Paul K's duets but sealed. I was thinking of a 0.75 cu ft enclosure and keep the same baffle width and crossover. The sealed version would sit on top of a 12 " RS HF sub on each side. The sub enclosures are 14 inches wide and 32 inches high. Will this work without mod to the crossover?

Comment

So I built this TM(RS225/RS28F) sitting on a pair 12 " RS HF subs. The baffle is 14" x 14" with 45 degree facets, so the flat portion of the baffle is 10 inches. The depth of the box is 10 inches. I started the crossover using the values and slopes used in Paul K's Duet. Surpisingly, the crossover would work. However, since I already had a pair of 2.2 mH inductors available, I figured I could save a little bit if I modded the Duet crossover where it required a 2.5 mH on the woofer. The resulting crossover is not too far from the Duet but a few slight value changes on the woofer circuit capacitor and an inductor on the tweeter circuit. The resulting crossover point is now at 1500hz vs 1400hz on the Duet. Overall, I like the sound of the sealed TM. Something is different about the sound of an 8" woofer used as a mid but in a good way, I cant describe it though. Maybe it has more radiating surface. Plus the fact, I does not have to do much below 80 hz as the subwoofers take over.
      Attached Files

Comment

What did you use for C6?
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

The C6 value is 100uF.
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X