• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIYNut42
    replied
    Re: Semi O.T. - "For the last time, it's not a b.o.m.b!"

Originally posted by killa View Post
    I think he means this thread is done because no one can compete with that
    Lol yeah I wasn't being serious. I meant that the fat lady has sung with that pic. That's the one I was talking about that looks like it could take out a city block. Just... awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Tin_Ears
    replied

Many years ago I had a car audio system that was built with removable sections. Each section had amps, source components, and processors on them. To facilitate easy removal I used 220v 3-prong plugs to handle the current (I like overkill). I had the car worked on and removed all the components for safe-keeping in a rental car... then forgot about them and they were stolen by the rental folks. I never removed the wiring from my car. I worked at an Army Post and every time my car was inspected, the guards were a bit surprised by what they saw. I had to explain every single time.

Leave a comment:

• wg_ski
    replied

Yeah, it takes a lot to build an A-b---b, but one single 2700uF/250V cap connected directly across a 120V line (plugged into the wall) won't level a city block, but can throw enough shrapnell to **** off the authorities.

Leave a comment:

• Whitneyville1
    replied

Remember, to fire an atomic bomb, you need a BUNCH a big capacitors that can give you a jolt of about 260,000 joules at over 180,000 volts. (From the book "Silverplate"-1948) That very old book tells a good high school chemistry/physics student with common sense and the same common sense as Fermi in 1943 how to build a "gun-type" uranium bomb, and the theory behind how to build an implosion plutonium bomb (if you can get Cal-Tech Berkley to sell you a sphere of about 4 kgs. of pure beryllium for $4 million dollars again!!!) and Oak Ridge, TN can provide you with weapons grade plutonium at about $2 million dollars a gram and you need 100-150 KILOGRAMS of it according to the German and Japanese scientists working on atomic bombs. The Germans abandoned their work on the atomic bomb, because the A-6 (two-stage modified V-2 or A-4) rocket couldn't come close to lifting the 4,000 Kilograms mass of an atomic bomb vs: the 2200 kilo HE warhead. The Germans switched to developing a fusion bomb which they calculated (very accurately) would weigh about 1100 kilograms. The Germans called their project Die Pflugereieger (roughly "The War-Eagle"). The ONLY mission of B-29's from England ended their research and killed all their researchers. Their lab was under a ice cliff in a fjord in Norway and they had their researchers and hostages in three passenger liners. 48 B-29 had specific targets for each of their 2000 lb. bombs. Every single bomb landed with-in 8 feet of it's aiming point. With a 2000 lb. bomb, "close 'nuf". The Amerika, the Hamberg, the Kolinsberg were sunk with no survivors. The heavy-water plant was destroyed with no survivors. The Japanese atomic bomb research facility was at...Hiroshima, at the University there.

Leave a comment:

• fdieck
    replied

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
    :eek: :D
    Don't worry.... He will have chance to get even with me in person.

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied

Originally posted by fdieck View Post
    That looks like it could blow up without being a b..b.
    :eek: :D

Leave a comment:

• fdieck
    replied

Originally posted by DIYNut42 View Post
    This might mean this thread needs to die now?
    That looks like it could blow up without being a b..b.

Leave a comment:

• fdieck
    replied

I have a friend who related why this is not an entirely humorous topic. He tried to fly out with a set of updated crossovers to install in a pair of Duntech Sovereigns which weigh 400 lbs apiece (why the need to update in the field instead being shipped back to Duntech). The crossovers are size of a laptop and have caps the size of soda cans. Being pre TSA days the call was left to the pilot, who took about 5 seconds to say "Not on my airplane!" The crossovers had to be shipped FedEx and the update trip rescheduled. This why I am using small caps on my black box speakers that are flying to Indiana with me. I still will probably have to bribe the TSA.

http://s274.photobucket.com/user/jke...Duntech?page=1

Leave a comment:

• ligs
    replied

It is like the theme of James Bond movies. Mr. Bond always came back, a little older, maybe

Leave a comment:

• JasonP
    replied

Did he... blow away the competition. *SUNGLASSES*

Oh man, I just couldn't help myself on that one.

Originally posted by killa View Post

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DIYNut42
    replied

Originally posted by Wolf View Post

Nuff posted here...
    Wolf
    This might mean this thread needs to die now?

Leave a comment:

• ReissM
    replied

Originally posted by SirNickity View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]34757[/ATTACH]
    This one made me laugh out loud. That's Hilarious. "Whoa... be careful with that. It's one million ohms."

Leave a comment:

• ReissM
    replied

Airport story:
    I forgot I had a battery powered, portable blood pressure machine in my carry-on bag. I intended to take it out of my bag and let them know about it before it went into the scanners. But I was so worried about the shoes and belt and watch and laptop and shampoo and saline solution..........I forgot. During the x-ray process, the circuit board, wires, LED, LCD display and 9-volt battery set in motion a series of TSA reactions that had me surrounded by six really big guys in about 3 seconds.

Yeah... I'm probably on a watch list now. "Oooops... sorry about that guys, I forgot it was in there."

Leave a comment:

• replied

Originally posted by arlis_1957@yahoo.com View Post
    I put an AND cpu on one once and nobody noticed.
    Hopefully it was an AMD processor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X