• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIYNut42
    replied
    Re: All The Little Things...

Don't forget a pair of these bad boys: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000J36XR2/

Only between $13K and $14K on amazon!

Nah but seriously, the propper fastener hardware, solder, hook up wire, etc...

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied

Ditto for me for items 2 and 3. In fact I just stopped at Radio Shack yesterday to pick up a couple of the Euro-style terminal strips while making a run to Home Depot.

Paul

Originally posted by donradick View Post
    Radio Shack emergency runs:

Gold plated banana connector terminal cups
    Euro-style terminal strips
    Internal 16 or 18 gauge wiring

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Don,

That reminds me - Steve @ Apex has 4 Section Euro terminals (large ones) - 3 for a buck. These have no trouble at all with 16AWG wire and can do larger wire as well. I find these easier to work with than the small ones from the shack.

You have to scroll pretty far down the page: http://apexjr.com/new.htm

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Fastons (Like 50 said, good luck getting the perfect sizes too).
    Gasket tape. I use the stuff Meniscus sells because it's only 1/16" thick and it compresses enough so that you don't have to factor it into your driver recess measurements.
    The correct mounting bolts. You kinda have to plan this in advance. Are you using wood screws or machine bolts?? Again I think MENISCUS has a nice selection of these.

Usually when I order drivers it means that I have a build in mind, so I also might buy Terminal Cups or Binding Posts. I'll look at the port tubes just in case there's the perfect one for my build. That never happens though and I usually end up using Schedule-40 PVC. I like Dayton Sonic Barrier and I never seem to have enough of it laying around, so that might be another cart entry when I'm purchasing drivers. Before you know it, you're easily spending enough $$$ to get free shipping from PE....YAY!! :applause:

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied

Radio Shack emergency runs:

Gold plated banana connector terminal cups
    Euro-style terminal strips
    Internal 16 or 18 gauge wiring

Leave a comment:

• 50 watt head
    replied

Oh, gosh ... how come I never have enough (or exactly the right size/type) crimp connectors?

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    started a topic All The Little Things...

All The Little Things...

So what are some of the "Little Things" you never think of when you're ordering drivers that you're inevitably going to have to run to the hardware store and hope to find?
Working...
X