Iowa DIY 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ? ?

Last year I brought my Jolida SJ-502. I plan on bringing it this uear too. Friday night and Saturday night are great times to play with these little extras. I'm still loking for anyone interested in chipping in to get the meeting room, hopefully for both nights.
    Mike
    "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
    My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

Comment

I will be bringing my new AE Faital coax build. If there is enough interest, I could be persuaded in setting up to do measurements for people as in past years.

Comment

Originally posted by mikejennens View Post
        I'm still loking for anyone interested in chipping in to get the meeting room, hopefully for both nights.
        Mike
        Mike I must have missed that, what ...... Duh
        John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by arlis_1957@yahoo.com View Post
          Me too.
          Hey, where abouts do you live?
          Des Moines area.

Comment

Originally posted by tpremo55 View Post
            Des Moines area.
            Yes, it says that on the right side.
            " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
            Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
            http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

GUYS.....

How many people already booked rooms at the Comfort Inn in Grinnell for Friday, October 18?
              Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

I just did a day or two ago.
                Paul

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                GUYS.....

How many people already booked rooms at the Comfort Inn in Grinnell for Friday, October 18?

Comment

Paul check your PM.
                  Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

I'm booked
                    John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

HOTEL plan possibility.......

Since many have inquired about informal listening space, here's what I've got so far.

If we get enough interest we can potentially get the meeting room at the Comfort Inn for BOTH nights (Friday and Saturday), but this is what needs to happen.

We need a minimum of 15 rooms booked for both days (Friday and Saturday) @ $95/night. The $95 rate is basically a 10% discount plus we get the meeting room for free for both nights, allowing plenty of informal listening.

I know a few people already booked rooms, but I’m pretty sure we could get their reservations rebooked under our group.

The meeting room otherwise would be $100+tax each night. So while this isn’t any super deal, it is a good deal.

What say you folks? Can we get at least 13 more confirmed bookings for both days at the Comfort Inn? I’m already counting me and JR, so we only need 13 more definite bookings to make it happen.

Please PM me if you have any questions. I’d like to get back to the hotel manager in the next couple days with a definite YES or NO. Just FYI, there is some sporting event on Friday and other hotels are booking quickly for Friday. Please chime in so we can secure enough spots for everyone as early as possible.

Thanks.
                      Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

You have he same idea I posted in another thread Brian, but you got a better deal than I did. The cost, without any deals, was $75 for 4 hours and $125 for more than 4 hours EACH night. I like your prices much better! I'll book under the IowaDIY group... or is the group under a different name?
                        Thanks,
                        Mike
                        Bismarck, North Dakota

Comment

Mike,

I have not locked in anything yet because I'm not sure we can get 15 commitments for both nights. Many people only stay one night and several just come in for the Saturday gig. While 15 doesn’t seem like a lot on the surface, we will not get any discounts or the meeting room unless we can for sure come up with 15 more weekend commitments. Some people have already booked and I’m also not sure if they will count towards the deal I’m trying to strike. Hope that makes sense…..

I’d rather get an idea HERE of how many commitments we can get before anyone books. I will call the manager back and set everything up if we can get like 10 commitments. That would be enough for me to give them a credit card and say GO.
                          Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

This is really a good deal for us DIY'ers, and I hope we have no problems in the next day or two meeting our minimum.
                            Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                              Mike,

I have not locked in anything yet because I'm not sure we can get 15 commitments for both nights. Many people only stay one night and several just come in for the Saturday gig. While 15 doesn’t seem like a lot on the surface, we will not get any discounts or the meeting room unless we can for sure come up with 15 more weekend commitments. Some people have already booked and I’m also not sure if they will count towards the deal I’m trying to strike. Hope that makes sense…..

I’d rather get an idea HERE of how many commitments we can get before anyone books. I will call the manager back and set everything up if we can get like 10 commitments. That would be enough for me to give them a credit card and say GO.
                              Sounds good Bryan,
                              You can put me down for both nights. Let me know what party to book under and I'll do so. If you give them your credit card number and they charge you for both nights, or any amount of time, I've already had several folks say they'd chip in to pay for the meeting rooms. I'll definitely help as well. Thanks for working this. Here's the link I started:

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...he-Comfort-Inn

Thanks Again,
                              Mike
                              Bismarck, North Dakota

Comment

I haven't booked yet but plan to be there Friday night for sure. If it helps get the deal I could probably stay Saturday night too.

Ron
                                C-Note Iron Driver Build
                                The Lydias
                                The Cherry π's
                                The Champs - Iron Driver 2015 Entry
                                My Projects Page

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

Comment

Working...
                                X