• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "High End" 3-way designs?

Dayton RS WMTW
    Dayton RS TMWW
    Entire Khanspire Lineup
    Jed's (Clearwave) Dynamic Series
    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

High end or high output? Maybe both :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm2...oSKdB448TTVEnQ

Comment

Still a work in progress but here is a current one I'm working on with a local crossover designer. I'm just building the enclosures and he does all the difficult stuff.

ScanSpeak HDS Tweeter
        Usher 8948A 7''
        Usher 8955A 8'' x2 (NLA)

Currently building 6 of these and a similar WMTW center channel for my theater room.

My friend wanted to build some of these and since the 8'' Usher was no longer available we will be making modifications to his to use two Dayton RS225 drivers instead. Currently have a 2-way using the HDS tweeter and another nice Usher 7'', the 8945P, and they are wonderful. I use to have both the full sized statements and mini statements so I have high expectations for these, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Comment

Mike Z's Beasties:
          Dayton RS-125-8 x2
          TB Speakers 25-1744S tweeter x1
          Dayton RS-225-4 x1

Design not posted anywhere but still available to the DIY community from mzisserson directly I believe.

Comment

How about a RAAL 140-15D, an AudioTechnology 18H52-06-13-SDK, and a Scan Speak 26W/8867T with a matching center channel?

Comment

Originally posted by tf1216 View Post
              How about a RAAL 140-15D, an AudioTechnology 18H52-06-13-SDK, and a Scan Speak 26W/8867T with a matching center channel?
              Sounds sweet, where is it?
              "It is only Scrooge McDuck and others with a personality disorder who have money as their goal"

Comment

Originally posted by jonasz View Post
                Sounds sweet, where is it?
                They are in a storage unit near my house. It's very similar to Troels' Jenzen ATS and Gornir's 3-way at audioexcite.com.

I had a good friend help with the crossover plans and the build. If anyone would like the details feel free to ask. Unfortunately, my lovely girlfriend isn't keen on the piano black and grey finish on the speakers. I am trying to sell the set to build new ones in WHITE :rolleyes:.

Here is a picture after the hand-rubbing was finished. I also had custom metal feet made that are not shown in the picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Speaker.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1149541

Comment

Originally posted by tf1216 View Post
                  They are in a storage unit near my house. It's very similar to Troels' Jenzen ATS and Gornir's 3-way at audioexcite.com.

I had a good friend help with the crossover plans and the build. If anyone would like the details feel free to ask. Unfortunately, my lovely girlfriend isn't keen on the piano black and grey finish on the speakers. I am trying to sell the set to build new ones in WHITE :rolleyes:.

Here is a picture after the hand-rubbing was finished. I also had custom metal feet made that are not shown in the picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36404[/ATTACH]
                  Those look sweet! Sounds like you should be looking into selling the gf :D
                  http://jaysspeakerpage.weebly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jay1 View Post
                    Those look sweet! Sounds like you should be looking into selling the gf :D
                    If it was any other girl I would but this one is a keeper. She also enjoys the audio shows

Comment

That's a shame. Those look beautiful, I think she needs to reconsider. Hope it's a climate controlled storage unit. When I stored my DIY speakers I pulled the drivers and put them back in the box.
                      -Dan
                      Mandolin Curved Cabinet Floorstanding; Dayton Reference 18" sealed Subwoofer; Sealed 12" Dayton Reference Subwoofer ; Overnight Sensation builds

Comment

I think Jed's Dynamic 4T and 2T kit would fall into that category.

Comment

I have a few 3-way designs completed, and some in progress, that probably qualify - the Khanspire has already been mentioned, the rest are on my site. The Canaiolo and the Garnacha are the other two that may be of interest, and the in-progress that's posted in the Nebbiolo. I'm still moving a lot of the design documentation over so if something interests you but is missing let me know.

C
                          diVine Audio

Comment

Working...
                          X