No announcement yet.

Need help converting PCD to parts list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help converting PCD to parts list.

Just came along this thread by a member here. I'd like to follow along this guys selection of woofers, tweets, and xovers but I'm stuck at the PCD screenshot. I'm not sure how to get the actual parts list by looking at it. This is the thread I'm refering to.
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...37#post1633237

Re: Need help converting PCD to parts list.

Originally posted by xsundown View Post
    Just came along this thread by a member here. I'd like to follow along this guys selection of woofers, tweets, and xovers but I'm stuck at the PCD screenshot. I'm not sure how to get the actual parts list by looking at it. This is the thread I'm refering to.
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...37#post1633237
    10 parts.

5 for the woofer and 5 for the tweeter.

Woofer:
    2.7mH
    5.6uF
    .3mH
    125uF
    9 Ohm

Tweeter:
    6.8uF
    .3mH
    18uF
    3.3 Ohm
    56 Ohm
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

WOW what a fast reply, Thank you. I'm a novice and have another question. Once I buy these 10 parts, plus the 2 woofers and 2 tweeters and build my own box that's it right? Would I be missing anything? Sorry for the dumb question but I don't want to miss anything.

Also are there some specific brands I should be looking for when picking those 10 parts? Brands I should avoid at all costs? Thanks.

Comment

Hmm, I'm so lost. I see voltages for the same uF. If someone could link me to the parts them self I'd appreciate it. And also the crossover layout.

Comment

WOW what a fast reply, Thank you. I'm a novice and have another question. Once I buy these 10 parts, plus the 2 woofers and 2 tweeters and build my own box that's it right? Would I be missing anything? Sorry for the dumb question but I don't want to miss anything.

Also are there some specific brands I should be looking for when picking those 10 parts? Brands I should avoid at all costs? Thanks.
          Actually, Dayton parts (PE house brand) are pretty good. the other guy used premium crossover components that cost quite a bit more.

BTW, I'm always a bit wary about simulated responses - there a lot of ways to mess up the sim, and you can end up with something
          that sounds quite different than you had imagined. If you want to build something, I'd suggest a proven design. Start with a budget and
          what size box you want.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
          "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
          SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
          My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

$200 for the pair of bookshelves.
            Box size doesn't matter, whatever would be better.
            I really want to use the Silver Flutes though. 6.5 preferably.

I seen some of the 5 1/2 builds. Could I use those designs but with a 6.5 or would that mess things up?

Comment

Consider this 7" 2-way kit: http://www.diysoundgroup.com/speaker...akers-kit.html

They are within your budget, all parts included easy-to-buy kit form, and I can attest that they deliver excellent bang for the buck. No Silver Flute though, just silver woofer. ;)

Designer's page: https://sites.google.com/site/undefinition/hitmakers

Comment

Or for a little more...

http://meniscusaudio.com/sopranos-pair-p-1369.html

http://meniscusaudio.com/stance-pair-p-1353.html
                HAGD,
                Marc

Even though I try to tell everyone upfront, understand that I am still a Newb. I wish the status of Seasoned Veteran/Senior Member, etc. was earned with time not posts...

TMWW thread

Maurbacs DCR Tower

Comment

I'm kind of an aesthetic freak and I really dislike those silver cones. Any other kits that use a Wool or Carbon Fiber cone? lol

Comment

I'd like to use a 6.5.

Comment

I'm kind of an aesthetic freak and I really dislike those silver cones. Any other kits that use a Wool or Carbon Fiber cone? lol
                      The best answer I can find: GRILLS!

Comment

Originally posted by turn2 View Post
                        The best answer I can find: GRILLS!
                        Yeah, I'm going to stay stuck on that Silver Flute.
                        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...55#post1852455

Comment

You'll need 10 parts for each speaker not ten parts total. And although I have had pretty good luck with my PCD crossovers I would also agree with Don that not all sims sound as good as they look.

Comment

My only problem with the simulated design from the first post is where did he get the measurement for the 8 ohm woofer from? I would be willing to do a sim with the 4 ohm version, as there are reputable measurements for that woofer, if you're okay with a 4 ohm speaker.
                            http://jaysspeakerpage.weebly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jay1 View Post
                              My only problem with the simulated design from the first post is where did he get the measurement for the 8 ohm woofer from? I would be willing to do a sim with the 4 ohm version, as there are reputable measurements for that woofer, if you're okay with a 4 ohm speaker.
                              I don't have an amplifier that is can handle a 4 ohm load. The Pioneer VSX 821 is 8 or 6 ohm compatible.

Comment

Working...
                              X