Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peepaj
    replied
    Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

xsundown, if you are still having a hard time with the layout, please give wolf your board size and let him lay it out for you. If not then you will have to do it like me and keep playing with the alignment until it fits. I wish I would have taken pics of mine for you before giving them away.

Wolf hope to see you at MWAF.

Leave a comment:

• peepaj
    replied
    https://sites.google.com/site/undefi...-orientexpress
    I used a different tweeter as the one he used is NLA. This of course made for crossover changes, if you look at his crossover point of 3100 to 3200 Hz. I have a crossover point of 2000 to 2100 Hz.
    The sims below are done using in box measurements, so things below 300hz or so is my garage talking back to me or you could say reflections.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• xsundown
    replied

Originally posted by Mark65 View Post
    Other than that, you have it just right.
    WHAT LOL. I just looked at the schematic and followed it. I'm dumb and put the coil there. I knew something was wrong as other xovers didn't have two coils connecting so close from what I've seen. I'm going to try and get some cardboard the size of the cabinet to fit and play with things.

Leave a comment:

• xsundown
    replied

Originally posted by Mark65 View Post
    No, you have an inductor where a capacitor should be. I'm guessing that's your .22mH coil, that instead needs to be a .22 uF cap. Other than that, you have it just right.
    Okay, I switched it to the small cap.

Leave a comment:

• Mark65
    replied

No, you have an inductor where a capacitor should be. I'm guessing that's your .22mH coil, that instead needs to be a .22 uF cap. Other than that, you have it just right.

Leave a comment:

• xsundown
    replied

Originally posted by turn2 View Post
    Pretty sure the upper left coil should be the .22uf cap, but I can't read any component values.
    It is. Both white thingamuhbobbers are 4 ohm resistors, big coil in middle is 1.30mh, 10uf capacitor.

Leave a comment:

• turn2
    replied

Originally posted by xsundown View Post
    This is for the woofer.
    Pretty sure the upper left coil should be the .22uf cap, but I can't read any component values.

Leave a comment:

• Dewmiester
    replied

Originally posted by xsundown View Post
    I'm going to want to build my own. Everyone is saying it's not hard so I'll give it a shot.
    It's not all that hard.
    First crossover I made was from a plan in I think Popular Science magazine.
    I wound my own coils on an engine lathe.
    I had never done anything like that before.
    It worked.

Leave a comment:

• xsundown
    replied

This is for the woofer.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied

Sure. The lines are wires, the dots are connections. Where the lines cross with no dot means no connection. The sawtooths are resistors, the two parallel lines capacitors, and the Hostess Cupcake squiggles are coils. A hot glue gun is nice for gluing components down. The values on the diagram are also on the components. Don't lose the labels off the coils. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• xsundown
    replied

I have a soldering iron, solder, and a long piece of 1/4 wood flooring I think. If not, tons of cardboard.

Leave a comment:

• xsundown
    replied

Originally posted by Soundslike View Post
    For an understanding how this build got to where it is now, one must read at least five other strings pertaining to this same project. Here are a few I've come up with, not in any particular order:

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...peaker-project

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...45#post1915945

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...h-1-difference

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...the-AC25SG05-4

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-to-parts-list

I'll wait to see what you decide to do -- you've been offered a couple of different solutions. I'd take advantage of them first, because even if you manage to get your crossover assembled, you may very well be disappointed with the result.
    I'm going to want to build my own. Everyone is saying it's not hard so I'll give it a shot.

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

Depth of the slot port including the front baffle. The box is 10"deep internal.

Leave a comment:

• fastbike1
    replied

How are you making a 9.5" port fit that baffle?

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
    Unless I screwed up my math, that is an 86.5Hz tune. Why so high? 6.5 sq in of port is more greater than a pair of 2" ports. Personally, I would use a port of .5in h x 9.5 (panel would be 8.75") for a tune of 47.7 and .35 net cubes if staying with a slot port and those box dimensions. For a lower tune, a 2"id port, 9" long will get you 44Hz.

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
    When using a slot port, it is better not to exceed a height to width ratio of 1:8. You may deviate from this a little bit, but the proposed ratio of 1:19 is too high.
    In some cases, I will agree. Given the power level these are apt to see, the ratio will not cause any ill effects. I have built many slot ports pushing the ROT ratio and have had no ill effects.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X