No announcement yet.

How am I supposed to lay all this out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

Originally posted by xsundown View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    So now we need to teach you how to use a flush trim router bit!

Glad your happy! See,,,, dis ain't such a bad bunch! Enjoy, Mark

Comment

X-- that's a very interesting listening space. So happy to hear that this worked out for you.

FYI - I got a peek at the XO's before they were sent to you. Ryan, as always, did a fantastic job on the build.

Here's a look at his contribution:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2278.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	653.1 KB
ID:	1150035
      Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Originally posted by Psycoacoustics View Post
        So now we need to teach you how to use a flush trim router bit!

Glad your happy! See,,,, dis ain't such a bad bunch! Enjoy, Mark
        They are flush. :D

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, Completely forgot about doing the roundover until I had already started painted it. I'll just have to deal with it. Rushed the fill, primer, paint in a few hours before it got dark out. Just now finished spraying them. I went with the texture because the seams were bothering me. If anything, I'll get a spray gun, drop in the flat black and spray over this.

Good enough. At least I sealed the outside of the box. LoL
        [IMG][/IMG]
        :o

I ain't done yet. One last little thing I'll do tomorrow.

Comment

X, after everything you went through to make this happen I’m really glad you like them. I know the grandkids and stepdaughter like them although with the grandkids helping to build them and get to take them home was all they needed, being 9 and 10 I don’t think they cared what they sounded like. A quick question, because I’m somewhat of a smart a$$ are you going to start a new thread with the finished speakers called “The dumpster diver build”?
          I hope you know I’m teasing :D. And can’t to see the finished photos.
          Jeff

Comment

Finished.

Comment

Xsundown, they look real good. and I like the way you mounted them as well, saves desk space for hard drives and such.

The big question, though. Do you think you would try to build crossovers for your next set of speakers after dealing with these? I'm just trying to ascertain just how hard this was for you, I know sometimes a task may just be too hard to complete. Example, right now I'm back in college and am in the midst of a tough math class; there are just some things I can't seem to get my brain to understand no matter how hard I try or how many examples I see or watch on video. Just wondering if this was like that for you, or did the light bulb come on... Because after having success with one speaker project, it seems to usually lead to another!

Either way, they look great and you have a kicking good set of computer speakers! I'm glad it worked out in the end.

TomZ
              Zarbo Audio Projects Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZ...aFQSTl6NdOwgxQ * 320-641 Amp Review Youtube: https://youtu.be/ugjfcI5p6m0 *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
              *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF

Comment

xsundown, those look really good. I just hope they sound as good as they look. A lot better than my first pair turned out.
                Question what type of paint did you use?
                Jeff

Comment

They came out great. I like the placement.
                  Also glad your happy with the sound. It would be a great way to use the last few dc28's I have left.
                  Can you link the woofer up here again?

Comment

here you are.
                    http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com...1/2-wool-cone/
                    Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by peepaj View Post
                      xsundown, those look really good. I just hope they sound as good as they look. A lot better than my first pair turned out.
                      Question what type of paint did you use?
                      Sorry, thought I answered everything. :( I used some rustoleum primer, rusto flat black paint as second layer since the primer was white, then sprayed with rusto stone texture gray out of a spray can. I painted it all at night and rushed through it sadly. Forgot to roundover the edges too. :| I still use them and are great. I can't stand listening to the small dayton's anymore. I have the daytons on the back wall and center and just cringe when I turn them on. Thank you very much for the part list.

I'd recommend using the stone texture grey over grey primer. using the stone texture over white or black was awful and had to use more stone texture to cover it up, also causing the stone texture to be too much and wasn't as ruff/stoney as I'd like. It came out more smooth which I don't like. I was going for the same texture/roughness as on the spray can cap.

Comment

Working...
                      X