Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How am I supposed to lay all this out?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

    Just follow the diagram and do each piece one at a time all the way down the line. Baby steps. Before you know it, you'll be kicking yourself for not realizing how easy it is to do.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

      You'd be surprised how many of us will help. If I'm going to fiddle with parts on a cross-over board, I like to use Euro-terminal strips to tie the leads together. I get the longest length ones from www.Allelectronic.com I can and cut them up with a hacksaw. Save money... I use low melt hot glue to hold parts down in case I want to change things. The good foam double-stick tape works too. You can do zip-ties like Wolf.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

        Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
        From what build / forum thread is this?
        Peepaj did the design, and he is a member on this forum.

        xsundown- I told you I would do a layout for you, and I never got a response. Heck- I'll even lay it out on pegboard graphic for you.
        I just need to know which parts exactly that you purchased. Just post the hyphenated part numbers from the order, and I can go from there.

        I also think Ryan would do a fantastic job, and you have nothing to worry about.
        Later,
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

        *InDIYana event website*

        Photobucket pages:
        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

        My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

          Here. I will send you the money to cover the parts cost, then pick any one on this forum....ANYONE. send them your parts. If you don't get completed crossovers back keep my money.

          That's how much trust and faith I have in this community. It's probably the ONLY forum I feel that way about.
          Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?


            This will be the cabinet I'll be making.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

              Do you(or does anyone) have the files for the SF woofer being used? I have no doubt that peepaj has designed an excellent xo, but maybe the circuit could be simplified a bit...and I'd be willing to take a crack at it, if you'd like.
              You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

              ~Pink Floyd

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

                Unless I screwed up my math, that is an 86.5Hz tune. Why so high? 6.5 sq in of port is more greater than a pair of 2" ports. Personally, I would use a port of .5in h x 9.5 (panel would be 8.75") for a tune of 47.7 and .35 net cubes if staying with a slot port and those box dimensions. For a lower tune, a 2"id port, 9" long will get you 44Hz.
                https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

                  Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
                  Unless I screwed up my math, that is an 86.5Hz tune. Why so high? 6.5 sq in of port is more greater than a pair of 2" ports. Personally, I would use a port of .5in h x 9.5 (panel would be 8.75") for a tune of 47.7 and .35 net cubes if staying with a slot port and those box dimensions. For a lower tune, a 2"id port, 9" long will get you 44Hz.
                  When using a slot port, it is better not to exceed a height to width ratio of 1:8. You may deviate from this a little bit, but the proposed ratio of 1:19 is too high.
                  Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

                  If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

                  Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

                    Originally posted by Mark65 View Post
                    Do you(or does anyone) have the files for the SF woofer being used? I have no doubt that peepaj has designed an excellent xo, but maybe the circuit could be simplified a bit...and I'd be willing to take a crack at it, if you'd like.
                    http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com...1/2-wool-cone/ This?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

                      For an understanding how this build got to where it is now, one must read at least five other strings pertaining to this same project. Here are a few I've come up with, not in any particular order:


                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...peaker-project

                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...45#post1915945

                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...h-1-difference

                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...the-AC25SG05-4

                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-to-parts-list


                      I'll wait to see what you decide to do -- you've been offered a couple of different solutions. I'd take advantage of them first, because even if you manage to get your crossover assembled, you may very well be disappointed with the result.
                      Tritrix HT:http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=222519
                      Dayton 12" Subwoofer: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=222930
                      Overnight Sensations: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=223751
                      Cerberus sub: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...hlight=cerebus
                      Duellatis: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=224943
                      NTN's: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=227902

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

                        Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
                        When using a slot port, it is better not to exceed a height to width ratio of 1:8. You may deviate from this a little bit, but the proposed ratio of 1:19 is too high.
                        In some cases, I will agree. Given the power level these are apt to see, the ratio will not cause any ill effects. I have built many slot ports pushing the ROT ratio and have had no ill effects.
                        https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

                          How are you making a 9.5" port fit that baffle?


                          Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
                          Unless I screwed up my math, that is an 86.5Hz tune. Why so high? 6.5 sq in of port is more greater than a pair of 2" ports. Personally, I would use a port of .5in h x 9.5 (panel would be 8.75") for a tune of 47.7 and .35 net cubes if staying with a slot port and those box dimensions. For a lower tune, a 2"id port, 9" long will get you 44Hz.
                          I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.
                          OS MTMs http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=220388
                          Swope TM http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=221818
                          Econowave and Audio Nirvana AN10 fullrange http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=216841
                          Imperial Russian Stouts http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...=1#post1840444
                          LECBOS. http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ghlight=lecbos

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

                            Depth of the slot port including the front baffle. The box is 10"deep internal.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

                              Originally posted by Soundslike View Post
                              For an understanding how this build got to where it is now, one must read at least five other strings pertaining to this same project. Here are a few I've come up with, not in any particular order:


                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...peaker-project

                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...45#post1915945

                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...h-1-difference

                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...the-AC25SG05-4

                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-to-parts-list


                              I'll wait to see what you decide to do -- you've been offered a couple of different solutions. I'd take advantage of them first, because even if you manage to get your crossover assembled, you may very well be disappointed with the result.
                              I'm going to want to build my own. Everyone is saying it's not hard so I'll give it a shot.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

                                I have a soldering iron, solder, and a long piece of 1/4 wood flooring I think. If not, tons of cardboard.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X