No announcement yet.

How am I supposed to lay all this out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

Sure. The lines are wires, the dots are connections. Where the lines cross with no dot means no connection. The sawtooths are resistors, the two parallel lines capacitors, and the Hostess Cupcake squiggles are coils. A hot glue gun is nice for gluing components down. The values on the diagram are also on the components. Don't lose the labels off the coils. Good luck.

Comment

This is for the woofer.

Comment

Originally posted by xsundown View Post
        I'm going to want to build my own. Everyone is saying it's not hard so I'll give it a shot.
        It's not all that hard.
        First crossover I made was from a plan in I think Popular Science magazine.
        I wound my own coils on an engine lathe.
        I had never done anything like that before.
        It worked.

Comment

Originally posted by xsundown View Post
          This is for the woofer.
          Pretty sure the upper left coil should be the .22uf cap, but I can't read any component values.

Comment

Originally posted by turn2 View Post
            Pretty sure the upper left coil should be the .22uf cap, but I can't read any component values.
            It is. Both white thingamuhbobbers are 4 ohm resistors, big coil in middle is 1.30mh, 10uf capacitor.

Comment

No, you have an inductor where a capacitor should be. I'm guessing that's your .22mH coil, that instead needs to be a .22 uF cap. Other than that, you have it just right.
              You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Mark65 View Post
                No, you have an inductor where a capacitor should be. I'm guessing that's your .22mH coil, that instead needs to be a .22 uF cap. Other than that, you have it just right.
                Okay, I switched it to the small cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark65 View Post
                  Other than that, you have it just right.
                  WHAT LOL. I just looked at the schematic and followed it. I'm dumb and put the coil there. I knew something was wrong as other xovers didn't have two coils connecting so close from what I've seen. I'm going to try and get some cardboard the size of the cabinet to fit and play with things.

Comment

https://sites.google.com/site/undefi...-orientexpress
                    I used a different tweeter as the one he used is NLA. This of course made for crossover changes, if you look at his crossover point of 3100 to 3200 Hz. I have a crossover point of 2000 to 2100 Hz.
                    The sims below are done using in box measurements, so things below 300hz or so is my garage talking back to me or you could say reflections.
                    Attached Files
                    Jeff

Comment

xsundown, if you are still having a hard time with the layout, please give wolf your board size and let him lay it out for you. If not then you will have to do it like me and keep playing with the alignment until it fits. I wish I would have taken pics of mine for you before giving them away.

Wolf hope to see you at MWAF.
                      Jeff

Comment

Mark65 is right about the woofer circuit.
                        Jeff

Comment

Wow, I am so impressed with level of support here at TT. You guys are really helpful and generous with your time and advice!!!

Hats off to you!

Robert

Xsun I stand behind all of them!!! :D You have come to the right place for sure!

Good luck!
                          -Robert

Comment

I feel something may be wrong but how does this look so far?

Comment

That woofer circuit is indeed correct. I can't see the values of the top resistor, the coil or the large cap, but the way you have them layed out is correct. Break out the soldering iron.
                              Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Top left cap is .22uf, top white is 4 ohm 10w 2%, resistor?, black cap is 10uf 250v, coil is 1.3mh 18 gauge, bottom white resistor is 4 ohm 10w 2% same as top white resistor.

Comment

Working...
                                X