No announcement yet.

How am I supposed to lay all this out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

First off I am sorry I haven't been able to get online much as I'm swamped right now and will be for the next week or 2. As for the lcr wolf has it about nailed. Ths tweeter has a sharp rise form 8k to 13k of about 7db, the lcr flatened that down but the compromise was flat to about 13-14k then dropping about 5db from 14K to 20K.

xsundown you are donig a great job so far, do not give up. Your woofer layout above looks alot better than mine did. Also I think this would be a great thread for anybody starting out to follow. I know the hardest part for me is do crossover layout and I'm learning from this thread also.

For your question, you can run a wire from the first red dot after your posts (+) sign to the tweeter circuit and your grounds to the negative sign (blue wire) and connect to your terminals.
    Jeff

Comment

I think I'm ready to solder. Still don't know where to use the terminals.

Comment

Look's like your using two boards I have a drawing where you could easily but everything on one board but looks like your doing OK.

Comment

X do not sweat it.

I'm on my phone right now. I will be at work in 60 minutes and I will be able to help.

You want to use the terminals for the input and output on both of your boards. This will require you to cut the pieces off in sections of two. I use a little hack saw to cut the sections off but you can also just twist them apart with pliers.

I'll be around in a little while.
          Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

looks good, you are picking this pretty fast.
            Jeff

Comment

Just FYI. I usually hot glue my components down first and then twist the leads together and then solder.

Do whatever you're comfortable with but you want to make sure you have good solder joints. When the parts are not held in place sometimes that makes it difficult to solder.
              Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. But I'm not cut out for this. Trashing it all and just buying a pre-made Dayton one.

Comment

Oh man. Welcome to the wonderful world of DIY.

Don't throw in the towel man. That lead break on a resistor has happened to everyone at one point especially on the Dayton resistors as their leads are very thin.
                  Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

That resistor is like $1...

To each their own
                    http://jaysspeakerpage.weebly.com/

Comment

Oh and the LAST thing you want to do is buy prebuilt crossovers.
                      Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

PM sent to xsundown.
                        Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                          Oh man. Welcome to the wonderful world of DIY.

Don't throw in the towel man. That lead break on a resistor has happened to everyone at one point especially on the Dayton resistors as their leads are very thin.
                          +4 and 1 cap.
                          Jeff

Comment

Don't give up! Most if not all of us have done that. And all of us have freely the pain and frustration on our first (second, third, fourth, etc, etc) builds. So hang on, you are in God company.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

I'd take that broken resistor and glue a small magnet to it and put it on my fridge as a reminder of your early days in DIY

Don't worry X - you'll get thru this and you'll be very happy.
                              Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

It's all in the trash now. Never doing this again.

Comment

Working...
                                X