No announcement yet.

How am I supposed to lay all this out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How am I supposed to lay all this out?

C'mon now...you didn't toss $80 worth of XO parts in the garbage!! The least you could have done was give the coils to the copper scrap collectors....or me. :D
    Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Can you pull it from trash and sell to me at a discount?

Comment

Hey X,

If you're seriously this bugged about the whole thing, why don't you reconsider the offers to put the crossover together for you?

Heck -- I'll do it. That makes about three different offers...

Or, just leave the project alone for a few days, and see if you don't feel differently then.

It almost seems like you're pulling our collective legs here...
        Tritrix HT:http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=222519
        Dayton 12" Subwoofer: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=222930
        Overnight Sensations: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=223751
        Cerberus sub: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...hlight=cerebus
        Duellatis: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=224943
        NTN's: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=227902

Comment

Oh no....:eek: A XO Troll? No. Way.
          Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Where do you live?Maybe someone can come by and help you.Or you can send the parts to one of these guy's who have offerd to help.It would be less expencive than buying pre-built x-overs and sound a whole lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundslike View Post
              It almost seems like you're pulling our collective legs here...
              My first thought.
              "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

I tried again but failed miserably. I think I need to send it to someone lol. How much to put these together? I never shipped anything so how would I get it back? A return to sender prepaid slip? What about that broken resistor? Do you have an extra one? :\

Comment

Dude. Ryan offered to build them and ship them back to you for free. All that would cost you is one-way shipping. I'm sure he's got probably 100 resistors sitting around too.
                  Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

So you DIDN'T throw everything out. I was going to request a picture of $80 worth of XO parts in the trash bin amongst food remnants, beer cans, banana peels, etc. THAT would have been cool.
                    Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                      Oh no....:eek: A XO Troll? No. Way.
                      Bryan,,,,, Thanks, I needed that!

You guys are AMAZING! The last time I saw people bending over backwards for someone else like you guys are doing I was teaching SCUBA.

Xsundown,,,,, dig them parts out of the garbage, and send them to someone,,,,, anyone. These people that have tried to help you deserve at least that!

Than go buy your pre-made xo. By the time it comes in the mail any one of these guys will have it built and on its way back to you! Than you can compare the two, and decide for your self which is better.

Good luck, Mark

Comment

If you play it right, you can probably get someone to do the whole project for you. All I can think of is drama queen. I can hardly wait until you get to trying to build the cabs.

Comment

I'm either going to ship them 1 day shipping or 2 days. Idk if any of you are busy. I'd like to get them back by friday. I'll ship tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycoacoustics View Post
                            ........compare the two, and decide for your self which is better.
                            I've seen this happen a couple times, but in reverse. Somebody initially goes with a prefab XO, realizes it sounds like A$$ and then asks for advice on designing a PROPER XO and is floored by the end result.

In this case, the differences would be immediate even to an untrained ear. The shaping in the tweeter network is fairly extensive. Prefab XO networks never take that into account...NEVAH EVAH.
                            Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

PM me for my address.
                              What is the resistor value you need, I am sure I have it.

Simply ship USPS or UPS, don't use fedex because they are horrible here. It will only take me a day to build and another day to mail them out.

Would you like 1 or both built. No problem either way. If you want to build the second, I will send the second board all laid out and marked/drilled. If I am doing them both I will make em all tight n pretty. If you want to build the 2nd I will make it simpler.

I am offering because learning XO's scared me a few years back and almost drove me from the hobby. And it turns out it is now my favorite part. Easy too!!

Comment

Originally posted by xsundown View Post
                                I'm either going to ship them 1 day shipping or 2 days. Idk if any of you are busy. I'd like to get them back by friday. I'll ship tomorrow.
                                Bud, are you on a rock in the Gulf or something? There might be somebody within driving distance of you. Can't you at least divulge the STATE you're in? Are you in the States??
                                Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Working...
                                X