Sorry to hear it

Comment

Re: Chief

Looks like a nice dog... very sad.
      "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
      ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

I went through that with a couple of my dobermans. Very hard, sorry about him going through that.
        https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

What a great-looking friend and buddy. I feel for him and you.
          Paul

Comment

So sorry to hear.

Hang in there Chief! And Kevin.

Comment

Thanks Guys...
              I was on the speakchat telling a few of the guys about last weekend, when he was diagnosed. (stuck in airports all day yesterday and today, so this is the first I have been able to update.)
              He went down hill quick. Thank God the vet walked us through what to do.
              She actually IV'd him in the shoulders...he had two giant bags of water under his skin. We went back for that, and nausea//vitamin injections for about 4 days, until he could keep ice chips and small sips of water down. He was exhausted, but really didn't seem to sleep. (Didn't want to put his head down.)
              He's back on the mend this week, and back to chewing everything in sight. Just have to get his weight back up.
              If I can't afford it...I don't need it

Comment

Thank goodness he's getting better and, hopefully, will make a full recovery and be able to be your buddy and companion for years to come.
                Paul

Originally posted by Kevin G. View Post
                Thanks Guys...
                I was on the speakchat telling a few of the guys about last weekend, when he was diagnosed. (stuck in airports all day yesterday and today, so this is the first I have been able to update.)
                He went down hill quick. Thank God the vet walked us through what to do.
                She actually IV'd him in the shoulders...he had two giant bags of water under his skin. We went back for that, and nausea//vitamin injections for about 4 days, until he could keep ice chips and small sips of water down. He was exhausted, but really didn't seem to sleep. (Didn't want to put his head down.)
                He's back on the mend this week, and back to chewing everything in sight. Just have to get his weight back up.

Comment

really happy he pulled through. Wish I could say the same for my Dobie pups. Seems they are very prone to it as new borns. I lost a total of 9 pups and 2 adults to it. That was about 25 years ago and precautions and meds are much better now.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Working...
                  X