Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a list of good quality higher value caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a list of good quality higher value caps?

I may have posted this before; anyway, the amount of time I've spent on google looking at caps is just not healthy at all

Most of the better quality mid market caps stop at 47uf, and many of the cheaper ones are SCR origin, which I've read can be a bit 'grainy'.

I imagine there are a few like me researching this so wd be good to get a few recommendations - the ones I've come up with so far

Mundorf Evo Oil (awaiting Wolf's report)
    Clarity Cap ESA (which are a bit marmite)
    Obbligato in oil (Tony Gee says they are ok if lacking in fine detail)

Cheers

Re: a list of good quality higher value caps?

The ClarityCap PXs were rated by Tony Gee at 7.5, not very much less than he rated the SA and ESA, and they have values up to 100 uF at Madisound.
    Paul

Originally posted by bill poster View Post
    I may have posted this before; anyway, the amount of time I've spent on google looking at caps is just not healthy at all

Most of the better quality mid market caps stop at 47uf, and many of the cheaper ones are SCR origin, which I've read can be a bit 'grainy'.

I imagine there are a few like me researching this so wd be good to get a few recommendations - the ones I've come up with so far

Cheers

Comment

This may be worth a look at if you haven't seen it already. There are lots of links to caps studies. Coming up on 2000 downloads. http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/I...showtopic=5828
      Originally posted by bill poster View Post

Cheers
      Live in Southern N.E.? check out the CT Audio Society web site.

Comment

I really like the ASC oil-caps, PulseX, Jantzen Standard-Z-Caps and CrossCaps, and MultiCap PPMFX or standard poly.
        Later,
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Working...
        X