Speakers for a boom box set up ~$30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers for a boom box set up ~$30

I'm wanting to do a budget build with some smallish speakers. I think some full range speakers would fit the bill nicely but what type? Anyone have good sound quality with some single driver speakers?

Re: Speakers for a boom box set up ~$30

madisound's $12 AURA NS3-193-8 is what you want.
    Search for my "Pico Neo" or under Paul Carmody (a.k.a. "undefinition").

Comment

+1

I'm listening to a pair right now - they sound way better than they have any right to at that price.
      Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has.
      Tarkus of Egypt

Comment

Those are $22 dollars each. Plus, i'm trying to fill a parts express order. Is there anything parts express sells that's similar? Or could I do a 2 way for around that amount?

Comment

Fountek fe85's may fit the bill

Comment

Look for the aura ns3's with the black cone on the madisound website, they're $12.50 each. I have a couple being shipped to my house this week.

Comment

NS3-193-8A1 (that's A-ONE). Black cone, $12.50 each. The
              NS3-193-8A (w/OUT the "1") is the plain "white" (aluminum color?) cone, and yes, THEY are $21 a pop. These drivers are identical except for the cone color.

Dayton carries the ND90-8, but they are $21.35 each.

Comment

Here are the drivers if you didn't find them. http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com...ne-wide-range/

This is one of the projects. https://sites.google.com/site/undefinition/sprite

I built a variation on the ported sprite boombox as a gift and it turned out very well.

Comment

Originally posted by ameuba10 View Post
                  Fountek fe85's may fit the bill
                  I ended up picking up two of these. They fit the bill nicely. Now that I have the drivers, does anyone have software that can calculate a good ported enclosure for these? I'm familiar with Winisd but would it work with these small drivers?

Comment

Of course it will work with these small drivers.

Good down to 100Hz in .05 vented cu.ft. (the NS3 would do 50Hz, BUT it needs .15 cf).
                    Looks to be excursion limited to 5 watts near 150 Hz (AURA could take 20w down to 50Hz).
                    Even though the fountek is a LOT more sensitive, the NS3 would still play 2dB louder at 200Hz, +3dB @ 100, +8dB @ 80, +20 @ 60, and +28dB @ 50.

Comment

Working...
                    X