Stentorians Cut Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stentorians Cut Sheet

Im going to start my stentorians this weekend. Is there a cut sheet available somewhere? I have one sheet of 3/4" oak and I have a good feeling that Im going to need more.

Re: Stentorians Cut Sheet

Originally posted by ameuba10 View Post
    Im going to start my stentorians this weekend. Is there a cut sheet available somewhere? I have one sheet of 3/4" oak and I have a good feeling that Im going to need more.
    You will need another sheet. I used a program called MaxCut to make a cut sheet. I made some modifications to my Stentorians so it wouldn't be valid for you.

Comment

Well i did pick up a pair of precut baffles from diysoundgroup. Has anyone made a pair with just a 3/4" baffle? Im thinking that i would need another 1/2 to 3/4" in addition to it

Comment

I made mine with a 1.25" baffle, but I honestly think that if you use braces between every woofer, you could easily get away with 0.75". A brace between every woofer means there is VERY little part of the baffle that is unsupported. I did curved sides with 1/8" layers, so I used a SEVERAL sheets to construct mine. My (incomplete) build thread is here.

Well i did pick up a pair of precut baffles from diysoundgroup. Has anyone made a pair with just a 3/4" baffle? Im thinking that i would need another 1/2 to 3/4" in addition to it

Comment

Originally posted by 1100xxben View Post
          I made mine with a 1.25" baffle, but I honestly think that if you use braces between every woofer, you could easily get away with 0.75". A brace between every woofer means there is VERY little part of the baffle that is unsupported. I did curved sides with 1/8" layers, so I used a SEVERAL sheets to construct mine. My (incomplete) build thread is here.
          Thanks alot! Ill look into bracing it furthor. Maybe i can get away with just the 3/4" baffle with enough bracing. I have a dumb question, would triangle scraps help as bracing the baffle?

Comment

I used those too however I still doubled up the baffle. I was going for making sure these had the lowest cabinet vibration possible so I am sure I over build the whole thing. I also built them with an 8in empty section on the bottom so it would be lifted off of the ground by that much based on Curt's recommendation. They are made with MDF per his recommendation too.

Comment

Used 3/4" baffle and bracing between each woofer with no problems. I do have an AutoCAD drawing of the baffle cutout with the extra 8" empty section as Jeff mentioned if interested.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121101_173050.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	1150200

Comment

Working...
              X