Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa DIY 2013- Meeting room at the Comfort Inn???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa DIY 2013- Meeting room at the Comfort Inn???

Originally posted by arlis_1957@yahoo.com View Post
    yeah, have to be out by breakfast time, BRYAN!
    :applause:
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Mike that looks like the room I had breakfast with you and your wife.
      Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

If you're not showing the waffle maker, you're not showing the room at its best.

just sayin'

Comment

In the past, Dan Neubecker came along with me and shared the driving chores, but he's decided not to go to Iowa this year. So, my wife is coming along as co-pilot. This will be her first, and possibly last DIY speaker event as she gets tired of listening to me talking about speakers (but she does like listening to them and is very considerate of my interest in them). I booked a room at the Comfort Inn today and might get down to the meeting room to hang out depending on my wife's desires (and what sports might be on TV that SHE wants to watch).
          Paul

Comment

it will be nice to see the two of you again.
            " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
            Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
            http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Thanks, Lowell, I was hoping to see you at MWAF again this year.
              Paul

Originally posted by arlis_1957@yahoo.com View Post
              it will be nice to see the two of you again.

Comment

My wife will be attending as well.
                John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

You're hosting Iowa that weekend Paul, best to just leave that game to the professionals....you know, the ones in your backfield!!! :p

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                    Thanks, Lowell, I was hoping to see you at MWAF again this year.
                    Paul
                    I had nothing ready Paul. plus, it was really tough sitting the for two days waiting for Saturday to come. I did enjoy hanging out with MattP though.
                    " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                    http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

I hadn't even thought about if or who the Buckeyes would be playing then, but if they're on TV during our speaker event, I suspect my wife will be take the car and head back to the motel to watch it.
                      Paul

Originally posted by martyh View Post
                      You're hosting Iowa that weekend Paul, best to just leave that game to the professionals....you know, the ones in your backfield!!! :p

Comment

Just found out about this thread. I'll tell ya, trying to keep track of this stuff across multiple threads is next to impossible, however, there will be an offical website tomorrow or Wednesday for everyone to keep abreast of the info.

Here's where we stand on a "group rate" for the hotel -- I posted this earlier in the Iowa thread
                        Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Count me in Bryan. That's 3. 12 more to go...
                          Mike
                          "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
                          Bismarck, North Dakota
                          My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
                          My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

Comment

I need to rebook anyway due to more credit card issues. What do I tell them, is there a secret password?
                            John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Comfort Inn is where we stayed last year, right? If so I'm in for both nights.

Comment

Originally posted by martyh View Post
                                Comfort Inn is where we stayed last year, right? If so I'm in for both nights.
                                Correct.

I have not locked in this deal, so give me a couple days to gather some more responses here and then I will call the manager back (Omer) and we will all book under IowaDIY.

EDIT: In fact, I will call him tomorrow and tell him that the people booking under IowaDIY are part of the "potential" deal. I suppose we might as well all book under that name so we keep things straight. I will call the manager tomorrow around noon central time.
                                Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Working...
                                X