Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa DIY 2013- Meeting room at the Comfort Inn???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bkeane1259
    replied
    Re: Iowa DIY 2013- Meeting room at the Comfort Inn???

Marty, are you yankin my chain?

Leave a comment:

• martyh
    replied

Sorry Bryan, but I couldn't wait any longer so I made my reservation tonight - I didn't want to lose out on the rate.

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Quick update:

The manager at the Comfort Inn is working overnight tonight, so he won't be in till 11pm. Obviously I wont be able to touch base with him till then but since I too work nights, I will lock the deal in with him later and post back here with what to do.

The official website will launch later today. I will be asking everyone to register on the site so we can get all the attendee and exhibitor info together in one place. This will make it easier to coordinate the event. I will also start sending out a group email update in the weeks ahead. I will get emails from the registration info from the site.

In the meantime, if you're on Facebook, "like" our page!!! http://www.facebook.com/iowa2013

Bear with me and JR we are doing our best.

Leave a comment:

• ernperkins
    replied

I'm booked at the Days Inn, but will change to Comfort Inn once you give us the go-ahead. Should be fun!

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Originally posted by martyh View Post
    Good deal to know.

FWIW: I just tried to book on-line with my Choice Privileges membership, but their website is not working so I called the reservation phone number but they won't give me the deal unless I make the reservation on-line. Excellent customer service, clowns. Best I can tell is that only two rooms remained at that rate....grrrrrrrr.
    Just please hold off until I talk to the manager tomorrow. You won't get a better rate (at the Comfort Inn) than what I was offered unless you skip out without paying. ...and just to be clear, people that are booking now may not be included in our 15 room minimum booking agreement. I'd hate for that deal to fall thru and then see 40 people at the hotel staying all weekend....know what I mean?

Leave a comment:

• martyh
    replied

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
    Correct.

I have not locked in this deal, so give me a couple days to gather some more responses here and then I will call the manager back (Omer) and we will all book under IowaDIY.

EDIT: In fact, I will call him tomorrow and tell him that the people booking under IowaDIY are part of the "potential" deal. I suppose we might as well all book under that name so we keep things straight. I will call the manager tomorrow around noon central time.
    Good deal to know.

FWIW: I just tried to book on-line with my Choice Privileges membership, but their website is not working so I called the reservation phone number but they won't give me the deal unless I make the reservation on-line. Excellent customer service, clowns. Best I can tell is that only two rooms remained at that rate....grrrrrrrr.

Leave a comment:

• nicholas_23
    replied

Evening Michael , I hope to attend this year and will take a room. There is an apple butter stir back in virginia that the outlaws are hosting but will let you know if it falls around the oct 19th date and cant make it. Thank you Sir

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Comfort Inn is where we stayed last year, right? If so I'm in for both nights.
    Correct.

I have not locked in this deal, so give me a couple days to gather some more responses here and then I will call the manager back (Omer) and we will all book under IowaDIY.

EDIT: In fact, I will call him tomorrow and tell him that the people booking under IowaDIY are part of the "potential" deal. I suppose we might as well all book under that name so we keep things straight. I will call the manager tomorrow around noon central time.

Leave a comment:

• martyh
    replied

Comfort Inn is where we stayed last year, right? If so I'm in for both nights.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied

I need to rebook anyway due to more credit card issues. What do I tell them, is there a secret password?

Leave a comment:

• mikejennens
    replied

Count me in Bryan. That's 3. 12 more to go...
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Just found out about this thread. I'll tell ya, trying to keep track of this stuff across multiple threads is next to impossible, however, there will be an offical website tomorrow or Wednesday for everyone to keep abreast of the info.

Here's where we stand on a "group rate" for the hotel -- I posted this earlier in the Iowa thread

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied

I hadn't even thought about if or who the Buckeyes would be playing then, but if they're on TV during our speaker event, I suspect my wife will be take the car and head back to the motel to watch it.
    Paul

You're hosting Iowa that weekend Paul, best to just leave that game to the professionals....you know, the ones in your backfield!!! :p

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
    Thanks, Lowell, I was hoping to see you at MWAF again this year.
    Paul
    I had nothing ready Paul. plus, it was really tough sitting the for two days waiting for Saturday to come. I did enjoy hanging out with MattP though.

Leave a comment:

• martyh
    replied

You're hosting Iowa that weekend Paul, best to just leave that game to the professionals....you know, the ones in your backfield!!! :p

Leave a comment:

Working...
X