Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa DIY 2013- Meeting room at the Comfort Inn???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa DIY 2013- Meeting room at the Comfort Inn???

Evening Michael , I hope to attend this year and will take a room. There is an apple butter stir back in virginia that the outlaws are hosting but will let you know if it falls around the oct 19th date and cant make it. Thank you Sir

Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
      Correct.

I have not locked in this deal, so give me a couple days to gather some more responses here and then I will call the manager back (Omer) and we will all book under IowaDIY.

EDIT: In fact, I will call him tomorrow and tell him that the people booking under IowaDIY are part of the "potential" deal. I suppose we might as well all book under that name so we keep things straight. I will call the manager tomorrow around noon central time.
      Good deal to know.

FWIW: I just tried to book on-line with my Choice Privileges membership, but their website is not working so I called the reservation phone number but they won't give me the deal unless I make the reservation on-line. Excellent customer service, clowns. Best I can tell is that only two rooms remained at that rate....grrrrrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by martyh View Post
        Good deal to know.

FWIW: I just tried to book on-line with my Choice Privileges membership, but their website is not working so I called the reservation phone number but they won't give me the deal unless I make the reservation on-line. Excellent customer service, clowns. Best I can tell is that only two rooms remained at that rate....grrrrrrrr.
        Just please hold off until I talk to the manager tomorrow. You won't get a better rate (at the Comfort Inn) than what I was offered unless you skip out without paying. ...and just to be clear, people that are booking now may not be included in our 15 room minimum booking agreement. I'd hate for that deal to fall thru and then see 40 people at the hotel staying all weekend....know what I mean?
        Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

I'm booked at the Days Inn, but will change to Comfort Inn once you give us the go-ahead. Should be fun!
          "Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

Quick update:

The manager at the Comfort Inn is working overnight tonight, so he won't be in till 11pm. Obviously I wont be able to touch base with him till then but since I too work nights, I will lock the deal in with him later and post back here with what to do.

The official website will launch later today. I will be asking everyone to register on the site so we can get all the attendee and exhibitor info together in one place. This will make it easier to coordinate the event. I will also start sending out a group email update in the weeks ahead. I will get emails from the registration info from the site.

In the meantime, if you're on Facebook, "like" our page!!! http://www.facebook.com/iowa2013

Bear with me and JR we are doing our best.
            Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Sorry Bryan, but I couldn't wait any longer so I made my reservation tonight - I didn't want to lose out on the rate.

Comment

Marty, are you yankin my chain?
                Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

FYI-

WEBSITE UPDATE:

While it's not 100% finished, it has enough info to be launched. It's easy to navigate and it even shows up fairly well on mobile devices.

Here's a quickie pic that shows how to navigate:

Here's the official link: http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/iowa2013/

Bookmark it, because it's going to be updated frequently. Before end of week, I'll be asking everyone who's planning to attend (attendees AND exhibitors) to register on the EXHIBITORS/ATTENDEES page. This will allow us to gather all the required info in one place so we can prepare accordingly for the event.

You'll notice the SPONSORS page is currently blank, but don't worry. We have already secured several sponsors and some crazy nice toys for the door prize drawing.
                  Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                    Marty, are you yankin my chain?
                    Dude, $74 a night and I got the last deal. I'm happy to throw a $20 into the extra room, but saving $50 on my stay? I couldn't walk away from that.

Sorry.

M.

Comment

I don't see anywhere to register.
                      " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                      Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                      http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Originally posted by arlis_1957@yahoo.com View Post
                        I don't see anywhere to register.
                        Should be ready in the next 24 hrs or less, Lowell.
                        Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                          Oopsie...I should have been more clear. Yeah, the registration part is not finished yet.
                          Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

REGISTRATION UPDATE:

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/iowa...ors-attendees/

Please follow the above link to register officially for the show. This will allow us to get a proper headcount for logistics, food, hotel, etc.

If you're planning to show a speaker project please add a short description of the project. Your NAME and EMAIL address are required as we will be doing email updates as we get closer to the show.

As we get registrants, we will update the EXHIBITOR/ATTENDEE page so that everyone knows who and what is going to be at the show.

PLEASE take 30 seconds to do this....it's the only way to gather all the info in one place and make it manageable. Thanks.
                            Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                              Done, and done.
                              " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                              Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                              http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

The WAF approved Friday but not Saturday can we still get the discount?
                                If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
                                What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
                                It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

Working...
                                X