I'll probably regret this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'll probably regret this...

To all of you I really appreciate your generosity and compliments. I just didn't want to come across as arrogant or egotistical, but I did want to share in my being honored because it shows how much we DIYers can accomplish. Don't forget, though, that this was a team effort with Dennis Murphy designing the crossover and Jim Salk providing excellent manufacturing. Not the least important is the modeling software created by Martin King.
    Paul

Comment

Dan, just to be sure they didn't somehow get lost, I sent you two emails, one yesterday and one today. Yeah, I finally decided to post about this.
      Paul

Originally posted by dlneubec View Post
      Paul,

I know I already congratulated you privately and twisted your arm a bit to post this here, but congrats again. I'm very glad to see you decided to let your fellow DIYers in on your accomplishment. Wouldn't we all like to be published for our efforts in such a way. Very well deserved, my friend!:applause:

Comment

Congratulations, Paul! Nice to see a testament to your skills before a broader audience.

Marv

Comment

Bravo!
          Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
          DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
          Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

Hi Paul,

It ain't braggin' if you did it.

Congratulations! You've helped many in this hobby. It's good to see you recognized for your efforts.

Jim

Comment

So Paul can actually have something to regret...... Some music that will annoy him.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=en55_U3...eature=related

Comment

And to think I glossed over that artical and put that rag in my car to give away to a co-worker.

I'm running out to the car to snag it back NOW!

I'm sure it's a glowing review! As I've said many times before,,,,, You're a class act my friend! Mark

Comment

From DIYer to being officially recognized. Who would have thunk? Congrats Paul, and may you have more success in the coming years.

Hong
                  Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
                  ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
                  LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                  Sonata Soundbar Project
                  The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Originally posted by fdieck View Post
                    So Paul can actually have something to regret...... Some music that will annoy him.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=en55_U3...eature=related
                    That's a great tune.
                    Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

paul you should be proud and nothing wrong with sharing the article with us. I have had the pleasure of building the jeff B rs180 mtm mltl's you sim'ed and your talent is incredible. Thank you for sharing of all your designs to us needing quality
                      speakers.

Comment

Wow Paul, I would be PROUD too!
                        Congrats!

Comment

Super-cool! Very cool to see our usual suspects (Jim Salk, Paul K., Dennis Murphy) spreading their brilliance to wider audience!
                          Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                          Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

I'm quite sure that there are those who will claim to stick to the DIY ethos, in that these are built by a company, but the fact is, they ARE DIY. You, Dennis, and Jim are all DIY'ers made good, and the fact is that we all dream of being able to claim such an accomplishment, and you did it.

Congratulations, and I'm honored to say that I've met you personally, and look forward to shaking your hand again in Iowa.

Well done, Sir!

Mark
                            You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Way to go Paul! It's nice to see you get some kudos.

We've gotten a couple of speakers reviewed and it's always exciting to see it in print or published on the web. It's hard not to be excited and want to share the experience with those you know. No regrets I'm sure.

Congratulations!!!
                              R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                              Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                              "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Originally posted by scottsehlin View Post
                                I would think a little needling about ego would be a welcome break from Wolf's taunting with respect to demo music choices and aesthetics :D

Seriously, congratulations! Reviews like this for one of our own help legitimize the hobby as a whole. There's nothing at all to regret.
                                So this is what I was missing! Now it makes sense...

Now to reply elsewhere,
                                Wolf
                                "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                                "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                                "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                                "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                                https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Working...
                                X