X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul K.
    replied
    Re: I'll probably regret this...

Thanks, but none of you are going to git rid of me entering DIY events that easily! But, to be serious, I'm not surprised you voiced that question and I suspect others have thought of doing so, too. The reason for me not going "pro" is because I simply am not a professional at speaker design. I don't design crossovers because there are many others who are willing to do it for me that are very experienced and well-equipped to make excellent designs, and if and when they ask for TL help, I'm at the ready. The only thing I design are TLs and the overall cabinets. I've never even heard most of the TLs I've designed for Jim Salk and Dennis Murphy. I really love the creative and wood-working processes. Now, if PE requested I not compete at MWAF, I would defer to their request, but not without some grumbling, of course.;)
    Paul

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
    Congratulations Paul.

Does this mean you’re turning pro and have to give up you amateur status?

Leave a comment:

• richard t
    replied

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
    I knew about that Paul but there was a page on their site not long ago.
    Going to send you a pm

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied

Congratulations Paul.

Does this mean you’re turning pro and have to give up you amateur status?

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied

Go here: http://www.friedproducts.com/
    Paul

Originally posted by richard t View Post
    I noticed today that the Fried towers are no longer on Salks site. I wonder why that is.

Leave a comment:

• jonasz
    replied

Wolf, check out Abolish the Echelon for some real metal.

An example . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQoFG...01521B37D984D8

I'm sure this would melt Paul's ears. :D
    THAT was good!

Leave a comment:

• richard t
    replied

Stop it, David, you're making me blush. :o I do appreciate your compliments, though. While I'd love to tell you what I think about the Fried Tower's sound, I cannot because I've never heard them (but I have no doubts they sound very good considering Dennis Murphy designed the crossover). In fact, I've only heard one of the many designs I've done for Salk, the HT2 TL, and only one of the designs I did for Dennis Murphy's Philharmonic Audio speakers.
    Paul
    I noticed today that the Fried towers are no longer on Salks site. I wonder why that is.

Leave a comment:

• dthomas
    replied

Awesome design... very well executed you definitely deserve to be proud of the recognition.

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied

Stop it, David, you're making me blush. :o I do appreciate your compliments, though. While I'd love to tell you what I think about the Fried Tower's sound, I cannot because I've never heard them (but I have no doubts they sound very good considering Dennis Murphy designed the crossover). In fact, I've only heard one of the many designs I've done for Salk, the HT2 TL, and only one of the designs I did for Dennis Murphy's Philharmonic Audio speakers.
    Paul

Originally posted by dstmbgh View Post
    Paul, (tongue-in-cheek alert) please stop being so concerned about our perception of your ego and show a little concern for the egos of your fellow diy-ers, for as I read your name in TAS last night, and knowing that I had sat by you at dinner at InDIYana 2013, the feeling of my own ego being bolstered was undeniable. You know, credibility by association. I'm going to keep this in mind should I ever be asked to share a brush-with-greatness experience. Seriously, I'm proud of you, and this does bring pride to us.

It pleased me to see that Dick Olsher did the review, knowing that he has no small amount of expertise with box alignments and speaker design/voicing. Even before coming across this thread today I was curious to ask you to compare and contrast your critique/characterization of this speaker with Dick's, if you care to comment.

Thumbs up to you,
    David

Leave a comment:

• dstmbgh
    replied

Paul, (tongue-in-cheek alert) please stop being so concerned about our perception of your ego and show a little concern for the egos of your fellow diy-ers, for as I read your name in TAS last night, and knowing that I had sat by you at dinner at InDIYana 2013, the feeling of my own ego being bolstered was undeniable. You know, credibility by association. I'm going to keep this in mind should I ever be asked to share a brush-with-greatness experience. Seriously, I'm proud of you, and this does bring pride to us.

It pleased me to see that Dick Olsher did the review, knowing that he has no small amount of expertise with box alignments and speaker design/voicing. Even before coming across this thread today I was curious to ask you to compare and contrast your critique/characterization of this speaker with Dick's, if you care to comment.

Thumbs up to you,
    David

Leave a comment:

• NickJ
    replied

Everyone, again, thanks for all of your kind words. I've pretty much overwhelmed by them and they're proof that even though we have our disagreements and arguments from time to time, we are a sharing and supportive community.
    Paul
    And you sir, are one of the fundamental support pillars. I always enjoy reading your posts and designs and am excited that you are being even more broadly recognized.

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied

Everyone, again, thanks for all of your kind words. I've pretty much overwhelmed by them and they're proof that even though we have our disagreements and arguments from time to time, we are a sharing and supportive community.
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• Face
    replied

Congrats Paul!

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Please show Paul what real metal is all about, okay? Give him some Nightwish! PLEASE!?!?! "For the Heart I Once Had" would be perfect. I think he'll like it.
    I don't think Craig knew what taunting of music was going on you referred to about Paul.

And- yes, we pretty much agree on a lot of things, even using SXO's when necessary. That Cheesehead- well, I'm thinkin' maybe the holes are a little too deep
    and some gray matter fell out. :p You have to just take him for what its worth. I mean, he can't keep going and going without some more D cells anyway, so it'll
    stop eventually. Blah Blah blah CHEESE! :D
    :rolleyes:
    Wolf
    Wolf, check out Abolish the Echelon for some real metal.

An example . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQoFG...01521B37D984D8

I'm sure this would melt Paul's ears. :D

Leave a comment:

• johngalt47
    replied

Great song! If all metal sounded like this I might listen to it...

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Please show Paul what real metal is all about, okay? Give him some Nightwish! PLEASE!?!?! "For the Heart I Once Had" would be perfect. I think he'll like it.
    I don't think Craig knew what taunting of music was going on you referred to about Paul.

And- yes, we pretty much agree on a lot of things, even using SXO's when necessary. That Cheesehead- well, I'm thinkin' maybe the holes are a little too deep
    and some gray matter fell out. :p You have to just take him for what its worth. I mean, he can't keep going and going without some more D cells anyway, so it'll
    stop eventually. Blah Blah blah CHEESE! :D
    :rolleyes:
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• johngalt47
    replied

I love this song! Actually one of my all time faves.

Originally posted by fdieck View Post
    So Paul can actually have something to regret...... Some music that will annoy him.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=en55_U3...eature=related

Leave a comment:

Working...
X