mono amp for my car recommendations please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mono amp for my car recommendations please

I'm getting ready to drop some coin on a new amp for my sub and wondered if any of you had any recommendations. I have an Ultimax 12" in a2.5cf sealed box ( those of you that know me don't try talking me into something different.) I currently have it wired to 4 ohms and am only giving him about 250. I'm looking for something [email protected] 1 ohm stable under$200. I know they're out there, i also know I probably don't need it, but I think we would all agree it would perform better with more power, plus i like I could unleash the fury of the beast at will. thank you.

Re: mono amp for my car recommendations please

Used or new?
    Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

New

Comment

unless it's something good

Comment

There are a lot of good auto amps listed on the DIYMA website.

I have several amps - soem new, some used.

The Elemental Designs NINe.1 is a good used amp that has the following specs: 1200W x 1 @ 1 Ohm; 900W x 1 @ 2 Ohm; 450W x 1 @ 4 Ohm. It will do over 1400w @ 14.4v @1 ohm and is .5 ohm stable.

I believe for $300 to $350 you can get a new DLS Ultimate A3 "Twin Mono" 1,000 watt Dual Monoblock Amplifier. I have a few DLS Amps - and that is the way I would go.

Comment

I understand that's the way you would go, and would most likely be a better way to go, but considering i only have $200 that's not the way I can go.

Comment

I don't know much about car audio but... are there really any decent offerings in the sub $200 price range for a new true 1K-1.5K watt RMS amp?
              "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
              ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

probably not true 1k, but I'm probably giving this UM about 200 tops as it is, so if I can find something 1 ohm stable I'm going to get more power.

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                  There are a lot of good auto amps listed on the DIYMA website.

I have several amps - soem new, some used.

The Elemental Designs NINe.1 is a good used amp that has the following specs: 1200W x 1 @ 1 Ohm; 900W x 1 @ 2 Ohm; 450W x 1 @ 4 Ohm. It will do over 1400w @ 14.4v @1 ohm and is .5 ohm stable.

I believe for $300 to $350 you can get a new DLS Ultimate A3 "Twin Mono" 1,000 watt Dual Monoblock Amplifier. I have a few DLS Amps - and that is the way I would go.
                  you wanting to sell the elemental designs, if so how much?

Comment

The ed amp is a great piece. If you can find someone willing to let it go for $200 grab it because it means they don't know what they have. For awhile I ran the 9.1 and 9.2 in my SUV. way more than I needed but man they were fun!
                    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Are PPI and Soundstream still big players in the high end car audio scene? It used to be those two along with HiFonics, Rockford Fosgate, Phoenix Gold, and Orion. I've been out of it long enough not to even know some of these newer companies like Elemental Designs and such.
                      Craig

Comment

a lot of people are recommending the ppi p1000.1, that and the mbquart ra1000 were my choices, i just didn't want to miss something I wasnt seeing

Comment

There are always a large group of amps over in the DIYMA classifieds.

There is probably an eD NINe.1, and many other alternatives, there now.

I bought a pristine eD NINe.1 for $175.

Comment

great deal on the 9.1 I bought mine direct from ed and sold them for more than what I paid for them.

I'm not as informed as I was in car audio but many of the big players are no longer or are producing relative junk in comoarison IMO. Sound stream, hifonics, us amps are no where near where they used to be.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

I think I would not worry so much about that 1000 watts and look at something in the 400 to 600 range that is a well made amp. I just do not think you are going to get a quality 1000 watt amp, new for 200.00.
                              craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Working...
                              X