Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Best" Small dome tweeter. 3/4" (19mm) or smaller.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Best" Small dome tweeter. 3/4" (19mm) or smaller.

Hi Everyone,

I want to make sure I am not missing any that may be out there. For me the Hiqphon tweeters set the bar, but what else may be out there for options. I tend to use smaller format tweeter whenever I can, here are some/some series I have used and liked.

Dayon ND16-FA
    Vifa NE 19 Series
    Vifa XT19
    Silver flute from MCM (NLA)

Any others? It seems the love for small format tweetrs have gone by the way-side with the growing popularity of AMT's, affordable ribbons, and low Fs large domes that can be horn loaded.

Re: "Best" Small dome tweeter. 3/4" (19mm) or smaller.

Dayton Audio ND20FA-6
    Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Comment

Nice thread I really like the dispersion/larger listening window 3/4" tweeters provide, e.g. XT19 vs. XT25. Interested to see what others are using.

Comment

ScanSpeak:

D2010

D2004/6020 though I'm less enamored of this one due to its response vs. price.

dlr
        WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Well I know it isn't for sale except on ebay but the Dynaudio esotar T330D is my favorite. I have a pair and they sound really good.

Comment

got a particular price range mike?
            https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Originally posted by colofan View Post
              Well I know it isn't for sale except on ebay but the Dynaudio esotar T330D is my favorite. I have a pair and they sound really good.

Knock it down a notch, bro.

I really liked my Vifa/Tymphany tweeters I got on buyout. They don't exist anywhere except in some towers made my an "Acoustics" company in "Vienna" where they reside inside the port, lol.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
              return to the source
              leviathan system thread
              deadhorse thread
              shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by colofan View Post

I did not say to make me jealous. :( I was able to track down where to but a pair, but at $900 they are a little out of my budget. I would almost argue that is one of the best tweeters of all time. I do not think they are orth $900/pr, even new.... But what I would give to work with a pair.

Originally posted by jclin4 View Post
                Nice thread I really like the dispersion/larger listening window 3/4" tweeters provide, e.g. XT19 vs. XT25. Interested to see what others are using.
                You nailed it. I didn't want to turn this into a debate of sorts, but I prefer the dispirsion of small domes. It's too bad they are so hard to come by since with motor technology you can get them to perform like a 1" in the lower regestiers (2.5K and up) where at one time they were limited to crossing at 3.5K-4K
                Originally posted by dlr View Post
                ScanSpeak:

D2010

D2004/6020 though I'm less enamored of this one due to its response vs. price.

dlr
                OOOoo forgot about the 2010! Thanks Dave.

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
                got a particular price range mike?
                I am willing to go up to $250/pr

Comment

you are missing a few, and at least one that is right up there with the hiquphons, almost. the others to look at are the eton 19sd1, good tweeter, and the seas 22taf/g. the seas is the next best thing to the hiquphons, and at $40.00 per tweet not a bad deal.

good luck, craig
                  craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

These two are on my list to buy...

CSS LD25x
                    http://meniscusaudio.com/images/Repo...20LD25X%20.pdf

Transducer Lab, N26C-T 1" Ceramic Dome Tweeter
                    http://meniscusaudio.com/trans-n26ca-p-1303.html
                    John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

I've been on "notify" list for a year or so now. I don't see it happening to be honest.

Mike, the best? There's no best. What are you crossing to? What's the concept and design objective?
                      http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
                        These two are on my list to buy...

CSS LD25x
                        http://meniscusaudio.com/images/Repo...20LD25X%20.pdf

Transducer Lab, N26C-T 1" Ceramic Dome Tweeter
                        http://meniscusaudio.com/trans-n26ca-p-1303.html
                        looking for 3/4 inch
                        craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

I REALLY wanted to list those myself as they are 2 of the best domes I have heard but yep 1"ers.

If it faceplate size is part of the equation, the ld25x is only 3"
                          https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
                            you are missing a few, and at least one that is right up there with the hiquphons, almost. the others to look at are the eton 19sd1, good tweeter, and the seas 22taf/g. the seas is the next best thing to the hiquphons, and at $40.00 per tweet not a bad deal.

good luck, craig
                            Thanks Craig, I will have to take a lookie.
                            Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
                            I've been on "notify" list for a year or so now. I don't see it happening to be honest.

Mike, the best? There's no best. What are you crossing to? What's the concept and design objective?
                            Well..... DUH. That's why "best" is in quotes. I know what I am looking for in terms of parameters for the application. I want to make sure my netis cast wide enough so I do not compromise where I do not have to. Opnions are welcome in this thread, and the idea was to get them to see what gaps I had in terms of seeking the right tweeter for the application. Got any?

Comment

Originally posted by mzisserson View Post
                              Well..... DUH. That's why "best" is in quotes. I know what I am looking for in terms of parameters for the application. I want to make sure my netis cast wide enough so I do not compromise where I do not have to. Opnions are welcome in this thread, and the idea was to get them to see what gaps I had in terms of seeking the right tweeter for the application. Got any?
                              wana pair of this to try?
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0096.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	1153119
                              foil has been replaced BTW. This is after custom agent made sure that it's a tweeter by means of attaching 9v battery to it.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	calibrated-SPL-and-FR.jpg
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	1153120Click image for larger version

Name:	cal-imp.jpg
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	1153121Click image for larger version

Name:	horizontal-0-to-60-in-15.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	324.4 KB