AURA NS3 is now more $ then the Dayton ND90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AURA NS3 is now more $ then the Dayton ND90

The price of the ns3 has now surpassed the price of the nd90.

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com...ne-wide-range/

I am majorly bummed as I am going to build a pair of Wolf's PC speakers and a voxel sub for my son for his birthday. Now the price has doubled :(

Kevin
    Shaken, not stirred...

Classix II
    OS MTM's
    Digger 8 sub
    Overnight Sensations Center Channel
    Sprite Build
    Wolf's PC Speakers
    Minions III with Voxel Sub

Re: AURA NS3 is now more $ then the Dayton ND90

with the amount of praise it gets, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Comment

I saw that. I'm bummed as well. I thought maybe Aura was going to go silver cone only to look different from the Dayton version. Perhaps they are just really low on stock and raised the prices or the black cone was just on sale for months and months for some reason.

I'd say they are still worth it, but cheaper was way better. Wish they would add a matching PR for compact HT solutions.

Comment

is there a difference? i was under the impression that they were the same thing, just branded differently. they were out of stock for so long, i just kept ordering the daytons.

did you notice also the magnet is now silver just like the dayton?

Comment

Is there Klippel test results on the Aura? There are for the ND91

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
          return to the source
          leviathan system thread
          deadhorse thread
          shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
            Is there Klippel test results on the Aura? There are for the ND91
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ight=Aura+test

Side by side the ND-90s has a beefier magnet and more open frame and generally better build quality than the Auras.

The ND-91 is a beast with a motor that is huge (relatively). I like them all in 8 ohm. I have 6 of the 4 ohm NS3 in the swap meet for Grinnell
            John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Careful: News like this so carelessley dropped could be enough to send someone over the edge...

Comment

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/iowa2013/swap-meet/

Scroll down just a little - John has six Aura NS3-193-4s to go!!
                Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Do they still make the NS3? Or is there just a ton of inventory that's dwindling away slowly, never to return? I see they now only have an 8 ohm version, maybe the 4 ohm ones were on closeout? There's always these for $12 and change http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com...ne-full-range/ maybe not a strong performer in the bass department, but I hear nothing but good things about them.
                  My modest builds:
                  Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
                  Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
                  Armadillo Center Channel
                  Au-Rock-O Sub
                  Tarkus
                  Staining MDF tutorial

Comment

I contacted Adam at madisound and he said he had a limited stock of the older ones and sold me 4 of them for the $12.50 each price. He said there was an overstock and they were able to buy them cheap and pass on the savings to us for $12.50. But now they are not getting the same price and the new order they got was at a higher price so the price went up.

So I saved my two Christmas projects and a scolding from my wife for spending too much. So the wolf's pc speakers will get done. The TB sub used in the voxel sub is not available until next year. So the 2.1 system is now downgraded to 2.0 until it comes out again.

Kevin
                    Shaken, not stirred...

Classix II
                    OS MTM's
                    Digger 8 sub
                    Overnight Sensations Center Channel
                    Sprite Build
                    Wolf's PC Speakers
                    Minions III with Voxel Sub

Comment

Bummer - just finished my first Aura3-193 Sprite build.
                      Amazing little driver.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                      "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                      SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                      My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

The Aura NS3-193-8/8a's are a little (really more than a little) than the Dayton ND90 or ND91-8's. The Aura's have more X-max with less distortion, but handle less power than the ND-91's. Each one's a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin007 View Post
                          So I saved my two Christmas projects and a scolding from my wife for spending too much. So the wolf's pc speakers will get done. The TB sub used in the voxel sub is not available until next year. So the 2.1 system is now downgraded to 2.0 until it comes out again.

Kevin
                          I just recently bought 10 of the NS 3s at the $12.50 price. I had also bought 5 of the Tang Bands for the voxel subwoofer. I had a breakdown on my saw and then saddled with overtime. The saw is fixed and I hopefully have the other details worked out with my cabinet construction. Now all i need is some off time to get started again.
                          Thanks,
                          Jeff

Projects:

"Overnight Sensations" Build Thread
                          Wolf's "PC", plus Paul Carmody's - "Sprites", and "Voxel" subwoofer 2.1 micro systems - Build Thread

Comment

IME, I'll use the Auras first. They do sound different too.

The original price for the NS3-193-8A was $19.50. It spent some time at $21.50, and now $23.
                            When Mad bought out the overstock, they did pass on some good deals to us.

Later,
                            Wolf
                            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Working...
                            X