Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Plans for a Kentucky DIY Speaker Event this Fall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Plans for a Kentucky DIY Speaker Event this Fall?

The Kentucky DIY speaker event is usually in November but I have not heard about plans for this fall. Usually Tom Bond does most of the organizing for this event so it would be good to hear from him.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Griffin; 10-14-2013, 10:13 AM.

Re: Any Plans for a Kentucky DIY Speaker Event this Fall?

Originally posted by Jim Griffin View Post
    The Kentucky DIY speaker event is usually in November but I have heard about plans for this fall. Usually Tom Bond does most of the organizing for this event so it would be good to hear from him.

Jim
    I'm also interested in attending this event, likely with Matt in tow. I was just wondering if CKY-DIY was going to happen this year. FWIW, I have the Fridays for the 2 weeks preceding Thanksgiving off in preparation for this, maybe Jeff's possible seminar, or both.

Later,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Ed LaFontaine expressed interest in hosting this years event and I was inclined to take a break, he sent me a message a little while back and was supposed to be lining things up. Perhaps he'll chime in. Ed?
      "If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it? - Dogen

"Why are you wearing that stupid human suit" - Frank

"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back" - Roland

Comment

I haven't attended a KY DIY event and I'm considering it this year.
        Paul

Comment

I'm in as usual, figured the same time/ place as last year.
          A mains
          The Ventures
          Open Invit8tions
          RSR
          Sound Troopers
          Acorns
          DGBG's
          The Monuments

Comment

Originally posted by tombond View Post
            Ed LaFontaine expressed interest in hosting this years event and I was inclined to take a break, he sent me a message a little while back and was supposed to be lining things up. Perhaps he'll chime in. Ed?
            FWIW, I've tried to get ahold of Ed through e-mail and phone calls, and have not been able to contact him directly. I hope everything is okay.
            Later,
            Wolf
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

I sent Ed an email a week of more ago but he's never responded.
              Paul

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
              FWIW, I've tried to get ahold of Ed through e-mail and phone calls, and have not been able to contact him directly. I hope everything is okay.
              Later,
              Wolf

Comment

I don't like the sound of this, guys. I hope Ed is ok.
                Dan N.

Comment

If Ed isn't available, perhaps Tom can organize the event again. All of us would all appreciate it. The Lawrenceburg venue works for me and is a central location.

Jim

Comment

Hey guys, I'll try to contact Ed and see what's up. As a backup, I'm checking on a Lexington venue, as its a little more centrally located than Lawrenceburg. Dan, I'm sure Ed is fine, he posts daily on Facebook.
                    "If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it? - Dogen

"Why are you wearing that stupid human suit" - Frank

"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back" - Roland

Comment

Originally posted by tombond View Post
                      Hey guys, I'll try to contact Ed and see what's up. As a backup, I'm checking on a Lexington venue, as its a little more centrally located than Lawrenceburg. Dan, I'm sure Ed is fine, he posts daily on Facebook.
                      Glad to hear that. He's always been quick to respond before in e-mail, and I've also never had him not pick up the phone on a weekend.
                      I do know he's not been on here in quite awhile and posted.

I'm another person to prefer Lawrenceburg, as Lex is further south, and a longer drive for me.

Really glad to hear he's probably okay,
                      Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

I would be very interested in attending, as I'm only a few hours away in Nashville, look forward to how this shapes up, subscribed.

Thanks,
                        -Nate

Comment

I do owe apologies to several of you. Beg forgiveness.

I'm doing OK...Mongo's still hangin' around as well. The location I may be able to get is less than ~1 mile from exit 87 of I-75. That is Richmond, KY and ~23 miles south of Lexington.

Plenty of motels, restaurants and services nearby.

Quick question: Nov. 16th or 23rd?
                          Last edited by edlafontaine; 10-15-2013, 02:44 PM. Reason: add date
                          Mongo only pawn in game of life
                          ____
                          Ed

Comment

Originally posted by edlafontaine View Post
                            I do owe apologies to several of you. Beg forgiveness.

I'm doing OK...Mongo's still hangin' around as well. The location I may be able to get is less than ~1 mile from exit 87 of I-75. That is Richmond, KY and ~23 miles south of Lexington.

Plenty of motels, restaurants and services nearby.

Quick question: Nov. 16th or 23rd?
                            I am off those 2 prior Fridays, so either works for me.
                            That is bit longer drive though...
                            Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

Hmmm... about 8 hours away from me. I have not been able to go to any of these events yet. Pretty sure I can't do the 23rd but might be able to swing the 16th
                              -Kerry

Comment

Working...
                              X