yay, another delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yay, another delay

Last edited by Steven72555; 10-12-2013, 10:02 AM.
    Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Re: yay, another delay

Really sorry about all the delays and setbacks Steven. Be patient though and you will be rewarded in the end.
    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
      Really sorry about all the delays and setbacks Steven. Be patient though and you will be rewarded in the end.
      Thanks, I sure hope so.. here is the corner in questionClick image for larger version

Name:	20131011_234545_zpsee05cb06.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	1153279Click image for larger version

Name:	20131011_234552_zps7cf80d73.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	1153280
      Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Comment

That looks like impact to me. You could try squeezing glue into the gaps, and then clamping that corner.
        You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

yep.
          glue. clamp, let set and dry.
          then, fill if required and sand.

Comment

As a matter of fact, the sides aren't even cnc'd. It was the back panel that had the routing done to it.
            The only things right about this box is, the front baffle and the internal braces.

Totally unacceptable.
            I am about done with this project. I am going to send everything back and forget about this fiasco.
            I will try and shop locally from here on..
            Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Comment

Being located in Ohio, I'm sure there is someone that could cut the wood for you, and probably route the holes for a case of beer

No reason to quit over a small issue.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
              return to the source
              leviathan system thread
              deadhorse thread
              shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
                Being located in Ohio, I'm sure there is someone that could cut the wood for you, and probably route the holes for a case of beer

No reason to quit over a small issue.
                No offense, I don't want to cut the wood, that's why I bought the knocked down. I was going to route the holes myself.
                I am just tired of wasting money.
                Between the crossovers, the back ordered tweeters, and now the most basic component, the box.. nah..
                Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Comment

Originally posted by Steven72555 View Post
                  No offense, I don't want to cut the wood, that's why I bought the knocked down. I was going to route the holes myself.
                  I am just tired of wasting money.
                  Between the crossovers, the back ordered tweeters, and now the most basic component, the box.. nah..
                  I don't believe he was suggesting that you cut the wood. Most towns have cabinet makers that would be happy to make your cuts for you for not too much money.

But maybe DIY isn't your thing if you're loosing this much patience on your first build.

ALL DIY projects have frustrations, setbacks, 'do overs', etc. Goes with the territory.

Comment

that sucks. don't give up though. some people like the building part, but the real payoff is the years of audio nirvana after you build it.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Moon View Post
                      I don't believe he was suggesting that you cut the wood. Most towns have cabinet makers that would be happy to make your cuts for you for not too much money.

But maybe DIY isn't your thing if you're loosing this much patience on your first build.

ALL DIY projects have frustrations, setbacks, 'do overs', etc. Goes with the territory.
                      This is my first DIY speaker project. But, I build stuff from wood, tables and the like. So I know about frustrations, setbacks, 'do overs'.
                      But this is not first let down with defective products.

Maybe, I just need to simmer down for a day or two.
                      Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Comment

If you want to see major failure and a 2 year long first project, search for my threads, haha.

Between parts, tools, and learning from my mistakes, I wasted probably a grand and TWO YEARS on my first pair of speakers that ended up getting destroyed between me trying paint (box) and moving (tweeters) I still have the woofers, though...

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
                        return to the source
                        leviathan system thread
                        deadhorse thread
                        shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
                          If you want to see major failure and a 2 year long first project, search for my threads, haha.

Between parts, tools, and learning from my mistakes, I wasted probably a grand and TWO YEARS on my first pair of speakers that ended up getting destroyed between me trying paint (box) and moving (tweeters) I still have the woofers, though...
                          Well, I have those ever elusive tweeters that PE has back ordered. I got them from a Canadian company.
                          Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Comment

Steven,

I've been building speakers for about a decade now and I'm NEVER satisfied. Perfection isn't just elusive - it's unobtainable, and you as a woodworker probably know that already. Just take a teaspoon of glue and fix it. As you know, the joy of this project is in the creation. I hope you continue on!

Marty

Comment

Originally posted by martyh View Post
                              Steven,

I've been building speakers for about a decade now and I'm NEVER satisfied. Perfection isn't just elusive - it's unobtainable, and you as a woodworker probably know that already. Just take a teaspoon of glue and fix it. As you know, the joy of this project is in the creation. I hope you continue on!

Marty
                              Well, the gluing part I can do, but the box itself wasn't routed right. The slots for the braces were supposed to be on the left and right panels. They are not. The slots got routed on the back panel only.
                              Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Comment

Working...
                              X