OT: USPS Package (DCX2496) Stolen Off Porch Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: USPS Package (DCX2496) Stolen Off Porch Today

I am so freaking bummed out. I purchased a brand new, unused Behringer DCX2496 from a user of diyaudio, and had it shipped from Canada to my residence in OC, California. I came home from work at 5PM, and found a small box without any labeling by the front door. Inside the box, there were 4 books, and obviously, no Behringer. I had a bad feeling about this, and proceeded to check the DVR connected to the 2 cameras in front of the house. So here it goes: At 1:40PM, the USPS man delivered the package and left it by the front door. About 45 minutes later, a woman driving a blue van stopped in front of the house, carrying a small box in her hands. She then picked up the DCX2496, threw it in her van and took off. My heart just sank to my feet. The police was called and came to look at the video, and requested a printout of the van and the white haired female thief. The officer informed me that between now and the end of the year, thieves are very active, and lots of packages left in front of porches are stolen, so beware folks. I'll have the video uploaded to youtube shortly, and hopefully someone will identify this scumbag. Argghh...

One picture shows the thief with the decoy box full of old books, the other pic shows her throwing my DCX in her van.

Hong
    Attached Files
    Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
    ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
    LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
    Sonata Soundbar Project
    The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Re: OT: USPS Package (DCX2496) Stolen Off Porch Today

Man that sucks. Does shipping insurance cover theft or anything?

Comment

That does suck! Too bad you can't get the license plate number off of the video...
      Jason

"In my opinion, there are more tactful ways to state your opinion."

Comment

Man that does suck, I sometimes wish that the UPS guys would not leave the packages. My wife works from home and 90% of the time they don't knock at the door they just drop the package and go. My wife works by the front window so most of the time she knows if someone was their or my two boxers will let her know. Like you said, it is the season.
        If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
        What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
        It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

What a F'ing @#$^^#%#@#$%&!!!

I'm glad you got video. I hope they nail her!

Keep us updated.
          Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Merlot
          Scanspeak Revelator R2904/7000's,
          Scanspeak Revelator 15M/4531K00's, Dayton RSS265HF-4's,
          MiniDSP 2x8, class D amplification

Sennheiser HD650's

Comment

Youtube link right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hCZ-WGALjo

LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
            Sonata Soundbar Project

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper Tom View Post
              Man that does suck, I sometimes wish that the UPS guys would not leave the packages. My wife works from home and 90% of the time they don't knock at the door they just drop the package and go. My wife works by the front window so most of the time she knows if someone was their or my two boxers will let her know. Like you said, it is the season.
              That's called a "Driver Release" it's what happens to 99% of the residential packages on a UPS or FedEx truck. If you want it not left alone, get a signature required package, or post a note on the door that says not to leave packages.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
              return to the source
              leviathan system thread
              deadhorse thread
              shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

That [email protected]!!! I really hope they catch her and is sent to federal prison.
                If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
                What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
                It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

UPS just drops the box, rings the door and drives off for me, I hate it though so far nothing stolen.

Comment

The neighborhood kids picked up a box with $600 worth of stuff in it from my porch a couple years ago. One of the other neighbors found the box and called us. Good thing the kids aren't into grossly overpriced candles so nothing was missing. I get all my stuff shipped to my work so the receptionist can sign for it.

Comment

You should leave her a tempting looking box with a nasty surprise inside. Such a nice looking old lady, theft seems to pay, nice van she's driving.

Comment

That is truly unfortunate. perhaps those of you in areas that this happens in should consider a bigger mailbox ?
                        Or, if you get frequent UPS or FEd EX a secure drop box ?

Comment

Everything is going to my work from now on. I'm so ****** I couldn't sleep last night. I'll probably go postal - pun intended - if I ever catch this woman. It's not the value of the goods, but the violation that irks me.

LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                          Sonata Soundbar Project

Comment

She arrives 45 min after the delivery and obviously knows this USPS route.

If the police have the resources and wherewithall, she would not be too hard to catch if no one steps forward from the youtube posting.

Comment

it's messed up when someone would literally commit a federal offense over a box that could have no value. for all she knew, it was a couple replacement bricks for your patio. one time i ordered a bose system(i know), and they just left the big box with bose written all over it on my porch. it was bose so i can see why no one stole it. well anyways sorry, and i hope they catch this c word.

Comment

Working...
                              X