Trials and tribulations.. but in the end.. music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trials and tribulations.. but in the end.. music

Wowzers, this was a bit overwhelming. But, I got er done.

And they sound good. I am a classic rock kind of guy, the first LP I listened to was Sgt.Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Nice.
    Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Re: Trials and tribulations.. but in the end.. music

Congrats!!! Enjoy the music.

After listening to them for a while please report back your impressions. Do they bring out things you never heard before. That was my first revelation after building my first DIY pair.
    Last edited by PWR RYD; 11-09-2013, 06:35 AM.
    Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

They look good Steven. We are very glad you did not give up on this. Everyone of us here has worked through this process. If guys like Wolf, Johnny, Paul, and Jeff (to quickly name a few) had given up we would be without a great wealth of designs, experiments, and knowledge. If you decide to build another pair, you will be able to take what you have gained here and apply it. Again glad you stuck it out.Now go enjoy the music!
      https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Nice job. Harder than it looks at first. Glad you stuck to it. Do you listen to those LPs a lot or a more modern source?

Comment

Which build is this ? Looks like Paul's Dayton Classic Revival. Please more detail on how it sounds. I am thinking of doing the Dayton Classic Revival project and any info would be helpful. Enjoy the music !
          Office System: Core 2 DIY Speaker, Primaluna Prologue One Tube Amp, Rega P1 turntable, Ortofon M2 phono cartridge, Marantz cd5005. Family Room: Tango, Monoprice 50w tube amp, Sony Bdp-6500 Blu Ray player, Denon DVD-1930 SACD, Direct TV HD , Samsung 55 inch 4k tv. Man Cave: Jasmine Redux, Emotiva XSP-1 preamp, XDA 2 dac, Sherbourn cd-1, xpa-200 amp, music hall 5.0 turntable, Ortofon 2m Blue cartridge. Fusion 8100, Overnight Sensations, Polk CS2 center channel, Sony BDP-S6500

Comment

yes it is the Dayton classic revival.
            https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
              Nice job. Harder than it looks at first. Glad you stuck to it. Do you listen to those LPs a lot or a more modern source?
              What I have found is what we already knew, LP's rock! CD's are ok too.
              Modern sources are just ok..

Originally posted by kauai82 View Post
              Which build is this ? Looks like Paul's Dayton Classic Revival. Please more detail on how it sounds. I am thinking of doing the Dayton Classic Revival project and any info would be helpful. Enjoy the music !
              Yep, they are the Revivals. And the sound is pretty good, LOTS of natural bass coming out these things, mids and tweeters are pretty damn fair.
              The only bit of info I can hand out is TRY to make your crossovers as small as possible. And also, the flat packs for these speakers are a real bitch to get squared, so if you have a corner clamp, use it.
              Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Comment

Working...
              X