Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Catalog

Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
    To me it's the most exciting catalog EVER!!!!!!!!
    Will you autograph mine................PLEASE!
    Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
    DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
    Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

duker_255: Please PM me with your information. We certainly do send catalogs north of the border and would be happy to get this straightened out. The only thing I could guess at would be if the request came in during the time between when the old one ran out and the new one came in.

Comment

Chris R.,
        Thank you, that's a very generous offer. I'm going to be placing another small order in the near future and will try again, and if I don't get a catalog I may take you up on the offer.
        Cheers,
        Scott
        (sorry I don't do this enough to know how to PM)

Comment

I'll get excited when they finally get those paper/composite cone reference drivers in it. I'm starting to wonder if they really exist.

Okay, I just looked at the catalog online. I'm now excited!
          Chris

Goofing around since 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny_k View Post
            Will you autograph mine................PLEASE!
            ...going on a catalog signing tour, coming to a city near you! (as long as your in Louisville) :D
            A mains
            The Ventures
            Open Invit8tions
            RSR
            Sound Troopers
            Acorns
            DGBG's
            The Monuments

Comment

Hey duker, my offer still stands, but right up above (in post #13), chrisf (from PE) says to PM HIM and he'll get you a catalog. To do that, just go to his thread and click on his name (which is in blue on MY screen) in the top left corner, and you can pick "send PM" from the dropdown.

Comment

Just got my Catalog this weekend. CONGRATS Eric!!
                Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Mine finally showed up today. Yes, very cool cover speakers!

But yet again I am disappointed that there are three full pages dedicated to Goldwood drivers, GSR gets a full page, but unfortunately Peerless and Fountek have to share a single page. Boo :(

Did the price of the Dayton Audio 10w resistors go up? Any other xo parts go up?
                  Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

I received my copy by mail today, too. The model on the cover is supposedly Ms. Ohio. I have to redo my write up for the "Speaker Gallery" it was lost in transistion to the new layout. I'll link it up to this thred when I complete it and its posted. Thanks again for the props, peeps!!
                    A mains
                    The Ventures
                    Open Invit8tions
                    RSR
                    Sound Troopers
                    Acorns
                    DGBG's
                    The Monuments

Comment

Good news is not too many price hikes this year. I think (most) HiVi prices actrually dropped, and with the current flyer discount, December seems like the month to buy HiVi, if you've always wanted some. I only noticed that the 5w resistors basically don't save you any money anymore. At one time they were like, a quarter. The Audyn caps got closer in price to Dayton's pps, even beating them out (cost wise) on some of the larger values.

The (now mature) RS drivers have come a lot closer in price (the -4 vs the -8 versions) and even match on many models. The cat now has pages on the (inexpensive) knock-down cabs, the new RS PAPER drivers (although the 8"er looks like it accidentally got the data for the 4" or 5"), and the new "Ultimax"? sub line (not sure why the RSP drivers cost more than Al cones, but maybe they'd come down in a year or two). But, yeah; I wish that there were more pages on Peerless/Vifa (is it just woofers are Peerless and tweeters are Vifa now? - I don't get it, and it Tympany gone now?). Also, it's used to be reallly nice to have all 3 Qs in the printed catalog. Qts is necessary, but even if PE had added Qes, WinISD could calc the Qms values for you. I'm not too keen on having to look up many T/S parms online, just to do box calcs. And there's virtually NO T/S listed for all the Peerless woofers.

Comment

Awesome! I went to rewrite my entry into the "Speaker Projects" today and low and behold, it was back. :applause:
                        http://www.parts-express.com/project...r-project-rsrs
                        Thanks PE again for choosing my design for the cover this year.
                        A mains
                        The Ventures
                        Open Invit8tions
                        RSR
                        Sound Troopers
                        Acorns
                        DGBG's
                        The Monuments

Comment

Awesome! I went to rewrite my entry into the "Speaker Projects" today and low and behold, it was back. :applause:
                          http://www.parts-express.com/project...r-project-rsrs
                          Thanks PE again for choosing my design for the cover this year.
                          A mains
                          The Ventures
                          Open Invit8tions
                          RSR
                          Sound Troopers
                          Acorns
                          DGBG's
                          The Monuments

Comment

Working...
                          X