comments suggestions on this for a extended pickup sub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comments suggestions on this for a extended pickup sub

One of my sons friends wants to put a sub in his dodge extended cab pickup. He's thinking about using 2 of these pioneer ts-w304r subs with this Hifonics Brutus amp. He would like to put them under or behind the rear seats He's also looking at this enclosure.

I'm wondering if there are better options out there for somewhere around 300-400. I've been pretty happy with Dayton drivers and wonder about the TangbandWT-1427G 10". I think he's more concerned with deep bass than sound quality. His dad does woodworking so building a box would not be an issue.

I'd appreciate any thought, suggestions or links to projects.

Re: comments suggestions on this for a extended pickup sub

Is the budget 300-400 total, with amp included inthat price? Either way, there are definitely better options than those pioneer subs. I personally know someone who has had two of those blow on far less than the rated power.

Comment

He'd like to keep it to that price for amp and speakers if possible.

Any suggestions? Does he even need two drivers for a pickup?

Thanks

Comment

If he has the money and is ready to pull the trigger, the Dayton Titanic MK3 is the deal of the day and PE right now for $99. At that price its hard to compete, and it is an infinitely better driver than those Pioneer subs.

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...4-ohm--295-414

It has almost 400% more xmax, and only about 35% less cone area, which equals MUCH greater output, with much much much higher quality and its going to go deeper.

Another option is this

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...oofer--295-185

Three times the xmax as one of those Pioneer subs with same cone area, so it moves 3x more air, again a much much much better driver and will play much lower, performs well in 1 cu ft sealed in a car.

Using just a single one of either of these drivers will perform better than 2 of those pioneers, using two of either of these drivers will compete with four or more of those pioneer subs. Leaving him plenty of room to play with his budget/enclosure size, etc. So two of them wouldn't be necessary, but if spl is what he want, two of them would blow his mind.

Comment

If it were me, I would go with Dustin's suggestion There is not nearly enough volume for those drivers. Better would be to buy the box and rework the cutouts to a 10"
          My Facebook audio pagehttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Mosai...3888294?ref=hl

Comment

That sounds like a great option.

Do you have any recommendations for a good amp?

Thanks for the help guys!!!

Comment

There are a lot of good amps on the market. Something in the 500w range at 2ohm. Dont forget to add about a pound of fiber fill as well.
              Last edited by isaeagle4031; 12-08-2013, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Have a look at the Truck tuba:
                http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/AutoTruckTuba.html

Comment

Nice idea but that won't fit under the seat of any extended cab.

Comment

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
                    Nice idea but that won't fit under the seat of any extended cab.
                    It's intended for placement behind the seats, not under them.
                    www.billfitzmaurice.com
                    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Bill... I tried to PM a question but you don't receive PMs here.
                      "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
                      ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                        It's intended for placement behind the seats, not under them.
                        I understand that Bill. I was pointing out Thst the OP is asking about an enclosure that fits under the seat of an extended cab. I may try your design for the experience factor for myself. What is the response range of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tin_Ears View Post
                          Bill... I tried to PM a question but you don't receive PMs here.
                          I don't receive PMs anywhere, including my own forum. If I answered any I'd have to answer them all, and at over a hundred a day that wouldn't leave me time to do anything else.
                          I may try your design for the experience factor for myself. What is the response range of it?
                          It's a 40Hz horn. Response will vary from vehicle to vehicle due to all having different cabin gain. No one's found them lacking yet.
                          www.billfitzmaurice.com
                          www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                            I don't receive PMs anywhere, including my own forum. If I answered any I'd have to answer them all, and at over a hundred a day that wouldn't leave me time to do anything else.
                            I guess I'll have to ask here then. What driver options are available for your TruckTuba? Sorry for the derailment.:o
                            "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
                            ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

Working...
                            X