Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIY New England- Feb. 22, 2014

Originally posted by jeff_free69 View Post
    Sounds like fun - I should be able to make it..
    pretty sure my '89 corolla won't though (its days of it taking me skiing in Vermont are long gone), so I'm exploring "carpool" options
    Where are you coming from Jeff? I'll be driving down from Southern New Hampshire, if I'm going past you I can make room for a co-pilot.
    Beer party, party of 4
    Your table is now ready.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerParty View Post
      Where are you coming from Jeff? I'll be driving down from Southern New Hampshire, if I'm going past you I can make room for a co-pilot.
      Thanks so much - but i'm coming up from Brooklyn..

If I can work out a ride-along some other way I'll bring plenty of interesting beers and whatever fits...
      I see there's talk about some Statement Monitors coming - It be cool if could bring my "Freedom Tower" version, but they're fairly large and cumbersome for a hitchhiker looking for a lift ..

or I would bring the Iron Driver runner-up, 'RedRum's, much more compact and road-ready. (plus, since then i've been tweaking the XO to better tame the bass)
      Last edited by jeff_free69; 01-20-2014, 10:36 AM.
      BEER: Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I've measured many things I cannot hear; and heard things I cannot measure...

Comment

Thanks so much - but i'm coming up from Brooklyn..

If I can work out a ride-along some other way I'll bring plenty of interesting beers and whatever fits...
        I see there's talk about some Statement Monitors coming - It be cool if could bring my "Freedom Tower" version, but they're fairly large and cumbersome.
        or I would bring the Iron Driver runner-up, 'RedRum's, much more compact and road-ready. (plus since then i've been tweaking the XO to better tame the bass)
        My plan was to make it up to Kenny in Yonkers and drive with him to NE. I could pick you up in the morning if Kenny is OK with 2 passengers.
        http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Sounds like fun - I should be able to make it..
          pretty sure my '89 corolla won't though (its days of it taking me skiing in Vermont are long gone), so I'm exploring "carpool" options
          Originally posted by BeerParty View Post
          Thanks so much - but i'm coming up from Brooklyn...
          Can't help you from there, hopefully someone else can pick you up.
          Beer party, party of 4
          Your table is now ready.

Comment

I'll be there in spirit if not in body, and I may harass some of you with periodic phone calls and text messages throughout the day :eek:
            Facebook | GCF DakotaDIY

Midwest Audio Club

RIP Jackson, my big dumb black dog |
            RIP Zoe, my little yellow dog

Comment

UPDATED

Some more speakers and added guest! If you plan to make the event, please let me know by 2/3/2014 so I can have a strong head count. That is not the deadline to confirm however for planning purposes it will help.

As of now the head count is 19. I will start sending e-mails on the 3rd to the group.
              Facebook Page - Ocean State Acoustics

Comment

thread fell to page 3 - :(
                Posting just to bump it back up!
                Beer party, party of 4
                Your table is now ready.

Comment

Mike, add another trio. Roman, Jeff and myself will be there. :eek:
                  Jeff will bring his Iron Driver speakers and I will bring my DIY-NY speakers and some brews. ;)
                  PS: There maybe room for one more.
                  Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
                  DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
                  Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny_k View Post
                    Mike, add another trio. Roman, Jeff and myself will be there. :eek:
                    Jeff will bring his Iron Driver speakers and I will bring my DIY-NY speakers and some brews. ;)
                    PS: There maybe room for one more.
                    Awesome!!!!!! More good news too, The door prizes have shipped. Updated on the first page.

Comment

I'm still hoping to make it. If I do, I'll probably bring my Chameleons to throw in the mix. It looks to be about 1.25 hour trip. My wife will be out of town at a conference, so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay. I won't know that until closer to the date. I'd like to have the opportunity to meet some of those who'll be there that aren't able to come up here.

dlr
                      WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Hi Dave,

Even a brief visit would be a great one. I hope you can make it! I will be sending an e-mail with the details after the 1st.

Comment

E-mail sent!

Please PM me if I have forgotten to add you to the list.

Comment

I would have loved to attend your event, seeing I live on the South Shore of Ma. However, WAF = -0. It seems that I have to attend a Jack and Jill baby shower. It's like the commercial FOMOS or fear of missing out on speakers. Have fun without me! I'll be at the #%@&* frickin' shower.
                            You get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers B. Joel

Comment

Originally posted by doctorbad View Post
                              I would have loved to attend your event, seeing I live on the South Shore of Ma. However, WAF = -0. It seems that I have to attend a Jack and Jill baby shower. It's like the commercial FOMOS or fear of missing out on speakers. Have fun without me! I'll be at the #%@&* frickin' shower.
                              You can mail your man card to mzisserson, we'll witness as he shreds it. :p

Sorry you couldn't make it, maybe next year.
                              Beer party, party of 4
                              Your table is now ready.

Comment

Fresh coat of paint on the AviaTrix cabinets, just waiting for the second coat to dry. I want them looking their best for the GTG.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-13 speaker cabinets.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1155592
                                Beer party, party of 4
                                Your table is now ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X