OT Never had this happen before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Never had this happen before

Parts were coming ups and scheduled delivery of tommorow and now tracking says "As requested by the sender, UPS has transferred this shipment to the local post office for delivery to the final destination". UPS still has the same delivery date but will the post office?

Re: OT Never had this happen before

my guess is it will take one to two days longer. that has been my experience.
    I'm often wrong.
    " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
    http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Arrgg! The delivery was already pushed back due to the weather (which I kind of expected). Aggrivating.

Comment

I got a notice Thursday for a delivery today (Friday) . . . which usually means it's already at the local distribution center. This morning I got an "oops, delayed" notice . . . delayed until next WEDNESDAY. It must have got on the wrong plane and is currently "in transit" through North Korea . . .

Scat happens . . .
        "It suggests that there is something that is happening in the real system that is not quite captured in the models."

Comment

I wish that they would state that in the quote or have the option to pick up at the local UPS store. I have had a few packages get to their distribution center in my town and wait an extra day just for the usps to pick it up. I feel your pain.
          If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
          What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
          It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

Just to clear up a point, pacakges don't sit at UPS waiting for PO to pick up... other way around, UPS drops off the packages at PO and if UPS gets it before the carriers leave for their routes, it goes same day PO receives them. IOW, UPS waits the extra day to give it to your mail man for delivery

Comment

It may still get here today. It was transfered to post office at 4:40 this morning. If it doesn't I'll just have to get my motorcycle out instead since it is going to be a warmer day today.

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
                Parts were coming ups and scheduled delivery of tommorow and now tracking says "As requested by the sender, UPS has transferred this shipment to the local post office for delivery to the final destination". UPS still has the same delivery date but will the post office?
                IME, the post office is delivering more and more packages since they are delivering less and less mail. They are becoming the "last mile" service of choice even for other carriers.

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
                  It may still get here today. It was transfered to post office at 4:40 this morning. If it doesn't I'll just have to get my motorcycle out instead since it is going to be a warmer day today.

+10!

John A.
                  "Children play with b-a-l-l-s and sticks, men race, and real men race motorcycles"-John Surtees
                  Emotiva UPA-2, USP-1, ERC-1 CD
                  Yamaha KX-390 HX-Pro
                  Pioneer TX-9500 II
                  Yamaha YP-211 w/Grado GF3E+
                  Statement Monitors
                  Vintage system: Yamaha CR-420, Technics SL-PG100, Pioneer CT-F8282, Akai X-1800, Morel(T)/Vifa(W) DIY 2-way in .5 ft3
                  Photos: http://custom.smugmug.com/Electronic...#4114714_cGTBx
                  Blogs: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=2003

Comment

Originally posted by rone View Post
                    IME, the post office is delivering more and more packages since they are delivering less and less mail. They are becoming the "last mile" service of choice even for other carriers.
                    Business-wise that makes a LOT of sense.
                    https://www.facebook.com/lowecustomguitar

www.lowecustomguitars.com

Comment

I had this happen to me as well the other day. I had tracked my shipment on UPS and it said delivery for Friday. When I got home Friday, my wife informed me that it was delivered via USPS.
                      HAGD,
                      Marc

Even though I try to tell everyone upfront, understand that I am still a Newb. I wish the status of Seasoned Veteran/Senior Member, etc. was earned with time not posts...

TMWW thread

Maurbacs DCR Tower

Comment

Unfortunately for me the last two deliveries have been routed to the wrong "local" Post Office, causing me to wait in anticipation for an extra day.
                        "If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it? - Dogen

"Why are you wearing that stupid human suit" - Frank

"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back" - Roland

Comment

This has been a long time in the making. USPS is FAILING because of high management costs... been run by greedy contractors for many years now. Those thieving rotten CEOs won't give up their crazy-high salaries and "side deals" so the USPS is DYING. USPS CEOs are in bed with UPS CEOs to fleece us all. It's one big CLUSTER-F*** and we are at the RECEIVING END of it. To top it off... USPS quality of service has plummeted to absolute [email protected]!!
                          "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
                          ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

Actually, the primary reasons for the USPS troubles are mostly two-fold. First fewer people are using snail mail, therefore their revenues are down. Second, and perhaps even more important, is USPS is forced to fund a retirement package that's simply ludicrous, especially when compared to just about every other retirement package. I've personally talked to some postal workers and even they say the retirement fund is grossly generous.
                            Paul

Originally posted by Tin_Ears View Post
                            This has been a long time in the making. USPS is FAILING because of high management costs... been run by greedy contractors for many years now. Those thieving rotten CEOs won't give up their crazy-high salaries and "side deals" so the USPS is DYING. USPS CEOs are in bed with UPS CEOs to fleece us all. It's one big CLUSTER-F*** and we are at the RECEIVING END of it. To top it off... USPS quality of service has plummeted to absolute [email protected]!!

Comment

I don't know when the trend started, but I noticed last year UPS and I think Fed Ex too, will transfer a shipment to USPS. It seems really strange and I don't understand how it could be cost effective. Then again, I've tracked packages skip my state and bounce all over the place before heading in the right direction.

UPS had holiday issues due to a 40% increase over last year and the weather. Not that its an excuse, but they were pretty much caught with their pants down.

Comment

Working...
                              X