ID:	1187474Click image for larger version

Name:	horns 001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	561.6 KB
ID:	1187472Click image for larger version

Name:	horns 002.JPG
Size:	544.3 KB
ID:	1187473I have four cast aluminum horns that I bought in a batch of tools and speakers from a music store that went out of business a number of years ago. I'd like to use them in some PA satellites that I'd like to toy around with, but have had no luck identifying which drivers will fit them.

The OD of the horns measure 10.5" X 4". The "dome" of the horn measures exactly 1". They have three mounting screw holes, and these measure 1 9/16" (40mm) center to center.

The numbers on the horns are 7106-9301, and 575232.

Any guesses?Click image for larger version

Name:	horns 004.JPG
Size:	493.3 KB
ID:	1187471

Re: Help Identifying Horns

Originally posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    The numbers on the horns are 7106-9301
    Cerwin Vega HF-6, Pyle, Hepner
    http://www.simplyspeakers.com/pyle-h...agm-d-417.html
    "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
    “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Thanks, Sydney!

GeeDeeEmm

Comment

Well, thanks to Sydney's excellent lead I've been able to locate tons of replacement diaphrams for these horns -- but I still haven't located a single driver that will fit them. I hate to ask for help again, but -- help! I'm not in urgent need for them, but I'd really like to toy with them in a project.

GeeDeeEmm

Comment

Originally posted by gdmoore28 View Post
          Well, thanks to Sydney's excellent lead I've been able to locate tons of replacement diaphrams for these horns -- but I still haven't located a single driver that will fit them.
          AFAIK these were only sold as complete horn/driver sets. The music store probably robbed the diaphragms out of them for replacements. You might be able to jury rig a 1-3/8" adapter to them, but the results are unpredictable, and you can buy a horn for the price of an adapter.
          www.billfitzmaurice.com
          www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Any 1" compression driver should bolt right up to them. It looks like it was a 3 bolt pattern horn and another hole was drilled to make it a 2 bolt pattern...if it wasn't, you can do that.

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/hor...ers/33?N=12992 4294967118 4294964531&Ne=10166&No=0&Nrpp=16&Nrs=collection()/record[endeca:matches(.,"P_PortalID","1") and endeca:matches(.,"P_Searchable","1")]&PortalID=1

Take your pick from the 2/3 bolt pattern horns. There are more with just 2 bolts.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

GeeDeeEmm

Comment

Originally posted by winslow View Post
                Any 1" compression driver should bolt right up to them.
                Not necessarily. The standard drivers have a 2-bolt pattern at 3" on center or a 3-bolt at 2.25". The horns for these typically have both patterns (5 holes). What I see in the pic looks like a smaller BCD, typical of the "all in one" horn/driver combos that have 1" phenolic diaphragm drivers. The drive unit from one of the cheap "bullet" tweeters is more likley to fit.

Comment

I need three of these for my Model 808 rebuild if you decide to go another direction. Rob

Comment

Whatever direction he decided upon it took place four years ago.
                    www.billfitzmaurice.com
                    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Sorry. Those little beauties are long gone. Moved on to other stuff.

GeeDeeEmm

Comment

Working...
                      X