Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOBinGA View Post
    Re: The PEDS - a 2.1 speaker system for your desk, den, bedroom or office

Sorry about that. It is confusing. No, there is no separate LP filter on the sub now. I did the XO diagram based on my initial tests where I used a LP filter on the sub and ran everything from one amp. Once I added the plate amp, I eliminated the LP filter on the sub. The sub is wired directly to the plate amp and uses its built in LP filter. The satellites are run separately from the speaker terminals on the plate amp as you would expect. Its hard to read in the picture, but I drew a box around the LP filter for the sub and put in a note saying that is was not needed when the amp was used. So disregard the LP filter on the sub section.

A quick note on the plate amp. From what I could tell, the bass boost circuit is actually a 6db boost at 40hz. The spec say 3db at 63hz. The actual filter does boost 63hz by 3db, but is also boosts 40hz by 6db, so the spec are, I guess, correct, but a bit misleading. You can model the woofer in WinISD using the "peaking 2nd order high pass" using 6db at 40hz and it matches the measured response exactly. You can also turn off the bass boost and measure and, sure enough, the output in the low 40hz range is indeed 6db lower than with the boost enabled. Also, the specs on the plate amp say it has a built in HP filter set to 150hz. But from what I can tell, it looks more like an 80hz HP. I haven't looked closely at that part yet, but if so, this is good.

-Bob
    Hi Bob, nice work! After reading that the high pass is at 80 hz I want to buy this amp but only if it's 80 to 100 hz highpass because I don't want my sub play higher than 80 hz

greetings

Comment

Sorry bob, after reading a little furder I found the result of the test. I want to buy this amp and use it with the W6-1139SIF and maybe the dayton nd-105.

Comment

The ND105s should work well with that amp and it's crossover. I considered their little brother ND90 for my build, but in the end, the DS90 was a better fit for the tiny Denovo cabinets. The ND105s will require a slightly larger box, but that's easy enough to do.
        -Bob
        -Bob

The PEDS 2.1 mini system
        My A7 Project - another small desktop speaker
        The B3 Hybrid Dipole - thread incomplete and outdated

Comment

Hi Bob, the nd-105 don't like a enclosure under 2 liter( as you say).Lets say the nd-91 do it a bit better and a little bit smaller.

the nd-105 in 2 liter(green) and the nd-91 in 1.5 liter(red)
          ​​​​​​
          I have a little bump at 100 hz to compensate the cross over roll of that is build in de dayton amp. If I use the nd-91 I really like to built the heliums.

also is the dayton amp a bit " user friendly " , so easy to work with. Like over protection if I set it to loud.

thanks

Comment

I cannot say how it handles over driving. I have never driven it to shutdown. I have only played it comfortably loud.
            -Bob
            -Bob

The PEDS 2.1 mini system

Comment

Hi Bob,
              Would you be able to post the build of your mtm center channel you use with the peds. Thanks for the help.

Myles

Comment

Sorry, but I never posted it. I will try to get to it sometime this week.
                -Bob

The PEDS 2.1 mini system

Comment

Working...
                X