Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PE messing with their website is getting annoying

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PE messing with their website is getting annoying

    Just venting. They wiped out my shopping cart again.

  • #2
    Re: PE messing with their website is getting annoying

    Not sure what's happening to you but I've had about $160 worth of crossover parts in my cart for about two weeks now and they're still there. Hope you can recover it all.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: PE messing with their website is getting annoying

      Don't do it, marty.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: PE messing with their website is getting annoying

        Build cart, grab screenshot(s), save to desktop has saved me a little of the grief (if none of the aggravation).

        .
        Ed Henderson

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: PE messing with their website is getting annoying

          I haven't had any "real" problems since they updated the site and they had lost my previous orders and such. I also have lost carts, but many times the shopping cart software does that automatically after a certain length of time. I have noticed that even on the newegg site that they have the same problem. Many times the carts are cookie based and if you clean your cache and cookies then it all goes away.

          What I would like to see is the ability to save carts, and multiple wish lists. That way if I ever want to order the same stuff again I can. Heck I have built 2 pairs of the OS TM's, 2 pairs of wolf's PC speakers, and a Sprite in the last few months alone. Currently I am building a pair of Lee's Minion III's and will most likely build more as gifts. So having a saved cart with the parts I need would be fantastic.

          Kevin
          Shaken, not stirred...

          Classix II
          OS MTM's
          Digger 8 sub
          Overnight Sensations Center Channel
          Sprite Build
          Wolf's PC Speakers
          Minions III with Voxel Sub

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: PE messing with their website is getting annoying

            Originally posted by Leroy R View Post
            Just venting. They wiped out my shopping cart again.
            Originally posted by kevin007 View Post
            I haven't had any "real" problems since they updated the site and they had lost my previous orders and such. I also have lost carts, but many times the shopping cart software does that automatically after a certain length of time. I have noticed that even on the newegg site that they have the same problem. Many times the carts are cookie based and if you clean your cache and cookies then it all goes away.
            Mine is empty too. I checked it yesterday and added some items. No certain length of time involved or cleaning of cache and cookies.

            This has happened to me several times now. I am sure this is costing them sales. I for one have ordered a lot less from them over the past several months because of these headaches.

            While the search function has improved, the shopping carts and lack of wish list(s) is a disaster. Also switching carts is taking forever to load. The implementation of these "musical" carts is very poor.
            Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

            If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

            Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: PE messing with their website is getting annoying

              I just checked my saved carts to see if they still existed. It took in excess of 40 seconds for the page to load. Sometimes it takes much longer than that.
              Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

              If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

              Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: PE messing with their website is getting annoying

                Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
                I just checked my saved carts to see if they still existed. It took in excess of 40 seconds for the page to load. Sometimes it takes much longer than that.
                I just tried to post a thread with some info with searching issues and it hung for 5 minutes and I lost the post entirely. All my typing and putting in screenshots down the drain.

                I was trying to put a cart together to get an idea about how much the parts would cost for the PEDS build.

                So below I have put two screenshots. Let me know if you can see the problems.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_pe_error_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1155596Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_pe_error_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1155597

                Kevin
                Shaken, not stirred...

                Classix II
                OS MTM's
                Digger 8 sub
                Overnight Sensations Center Channel
                Sprite Build
                Wolf's PC Speakers
                Minions III with Voxel Sub

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: PE messing with their website is getting annoying

                  The first screenshot is too small to read. In the second one it seems you entered 0.2 mH in the search box and it returned 291 results. Yeah I can see how that would be a problem. I guess it still needs a lot more work.
                  Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

                  If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

                  Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: PE messing with their website is getting annoying

                    I just searched for 0.20 mH and got no results, then 0.20mH (no space) and got 7 appropriate results. So actually I don't know what problem you had.
                    Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

                    If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

                    Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: PE messing with their website is getting annoying

                      Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                      Don't do it, marty.
                      Don't worry Chris, I just wanted to get a basic idea of what inductors for this project might cost. It was a humbling discovery.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: PE messing with their website is getting annoying

                        Know the feeling. None of the versions of Firefox we've use over the years EVER fully work with PE's website programming, and can NEVER do simple searches and many many other anomalies. IE with all its security flaws etc only seem to fully basically work on PE. PE runs almost twice the third party marketing and tracking scripts than other major ERetailers. In the last two weeks alone while logged in, got shipping mis-confirnations of parts that were removed from our order lists, direct lies on what were shipped and then what were not, parts that state they were in stock then magically show they are backordered 3-6 weeks after you order them, etc. Definitely programming problems and management. Not to mention their bad S&H with solely twisted paper and parts damaged from flopping around loose in thin sided boxes. Sheesh! Southern Ohio hillbillies are scary, especially in the winter..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: PE messing with their website is getting annoying

                          Originally posted by kknight View Post
                          Know the feeling. None of the versions of Firefox we've use over the years EVER fully work with PE's website programming, and can NEVER do simple searches and many many other anomalies. IE with all its security flaws etc only seem to fully basically work on PE. PE runs almost twice the third party marketing and tracking scripts than other major ERetailers. In the last two weeks alone while logged in, got shipping mis-confirnations of parts that were removed from our order lists, direct lies on what were shipped and then what were not, parts that state they were in stock then magically show they are backordered 3-6 weeks after you order them, etc. Definitely programming problems and management. Not to mention their bad S&H with solely twisted paper and parts damaged from flopping around loose in thin sided boxes. Sheesh! Southern Ohio hillbillies are scary, especially in the winter..
                          Lighten up. You are taking it too far.

                          A little constructive criticism is OK, but not what you are proclaiming here. I, as most people on this forum, love PE, warts and all.

                          Their customer service is outstanding, their prices are good, they ship quickly and they have a great "shipping free after $98" policy.
                          Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

                          If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

                          Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: PE messing with their website is getting annoying

                            Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
                            Lighten up. You are taking it too far.

                            A little constructive criticism is OK, but not what you are proclaiming here. I, as most people on this forum, love PE, warts and all.

                            Their customer service is outstanding, their prices are good, they ship quickly and they have a great "shipping free after $98" policy.

                            I agree with the scripts loading down the PE site but everything else... Including "Southern Ohio Hillbillies" is totally unacceptable and uncalled for.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: PE messing with their website is getting annoying

                              Originally posted by kknight View Post
                              Know the feeling. None of the versions of Firefox we've use over the years EVER fully work with PE's website programming, and can NEVER do simple searches and many many other anomalies. IE with all its security flaws etc only seem to fully basically work on PE. PE runs almost twice the third party marketing and tracking scripts than other major ERetailers. In the last two weeks alone while logged in, got shipping mis-confirnations of parts that were removed from our order lists, direct lies on what were shipped and then what were not, parts that state they were in stock then magically show they are backordered 3-6 weeks after you order them, etc. Definitely programming problems and management. Not to mention their bad S&H with solely twisted paper and parts damaged from flopping around loose in thin sided boxes. Sheesh! Southern Ohio hillbillies are scary, especially in the winter..
                              I have had PE ship to me in excess of 100 times. I can't recall one time where things were packed poorly.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X