Name:	20131104_183734_zps4414731a.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	1188915Click image for larger version

Name:	OSMTM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	1188916
    The Dayton Classic sounds real good, but sometimes a little too bright in the midrange area. Nice bass!
    The OSMTM sounds good, nice bass but is lacking somewhere in the mids, (I think)
    The 2 sets of speakers are almost there for my hearing.

Question, from what I am hearing, I am looking for another three way speaker project. The Dayton project was just about right for my budget and skill level.
    Anybody know of any more 3 way DIY speakers?
    Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Re: What I've done and what I want

I'm surprised that the classics are sounding bright to you. Paul seems to voice his speakers to avoid that. I'll bet someone here could tell you how to tweak the crossover to tone it down to your liking. I won't put up with a speaker that is bright and fatiguing. I have built the Overnights and the Classic II's and neither is too bright for me. I also built several others and a couple needed attenuation on the highs. Everyone's hearing is unique though so you may need a little adjustment to be happy. Perhaps just a small increase on a resistor in the mid filter would do it for you unless it's in the 7K range on the tweet. It can be dealt with though if you are willing to fiddle with it. Good luck.

Comment

Wow..
      So am I the only 3-way enthusiast or there are no DIY 3-way speakers?
      Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Comment

no your not alone , i'm glad you started this thread as was about to ask the same thing . subscribing hoping you get some good answers . i did come across this one last night but it is pricey ... http://meniscusaudio.com/dt3-p-943.html
        Paper Towers
        RS180P/28F surrounds
        Boombox

Comment

Statements (there are tons of 3-ways out there). You must have missed the "stickies" links at the head of this forum: Undefinition, Curt Campbell, Zaphaudio, Wolf, . . .

Comment

Ive heard the statement monitors and finalists and am very impressed with them. They only get better with the mini's and full size statements.
            My Build Thread's
            Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

Look at the current DIY builds in the stickey's at the top of the page another one is www.audiosq.com.There are alot of three way builds.

Comment

Why not give Paul's Sunflowers a whirl?

Comment

I would highly recommend going to InDIYana this May and listen to some options if you could swing it, not sure how far that is from you though. That eliminates the barrier of not being able to hear some of the fantastic designs. If you can't swing that I know PE does a get together in OH as well, but don't know when that is.

I've heard the Statement monitors (and the full size Statements) and they sound great. Although, I'm not entirely sure why you're set on a 3 way; I've also heard some phenomenal, well rounded sounding MTM and TM designs as well. Just saying, don't sell yourself short by not considering other options simply because it isn't a 3 way design. I haven't heard the ones you've already built, but there's a lot of great designs available out there.
                  "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
                  "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

There are a lot of 3ways around. Part of it will depend on your budget. My intrepids are largeish 3 ways but most folks don't want something that big in their living room or have or want to spend that kind of money. The Inteepids have around $1100 or so just in parts. Then figure the cabinets are around another $300-400.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

i searched for the Statements but didn't find them , could someone please provide a link or who did them ?

found these on Zaph's site last night , they look promising . http://zaphaudio.com/ZDT3.5.html

i feel kinda fortunate , i'm a single guy that lives in the country and i love big honking monkey coffins ...
                      Paper Towers
                      RS180P/28F surrounds
                      Boombox

Comment

Several variations of the Statements (as well as other designs):

http://speakerdesignworks.com/index_page_2.html
                        People hear with their eyes.

Comment

thanks Dan ...
                          Paper Towers
                          RS180P/28F surrounds
                          Boombox

Comment

Also see cjd's designs at http://www.divine-audio.com/

He's done mostly 3-way designs.

Comment

(and yes, 3-ways ARE pricey)

Comment

Working...
                              X