InDIYana Gathering, Mexi-fest, and Swap Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InDIYana Gathering, Mexi-fest, and Swap Meet

It's getting close to that time folks. I am sure all of you are getting ready with your speakers almost complete, especially those Ludicrosity entries. Mine is coming together. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be assembling a set of towers on Friday before coming up on Saturday. Whew, I hope all of that works out.:eek:

Agaves has got the lunch Mexi-fest down, so get your burrito-appetite ready because they're the real enchilada.:applause:

And brings us to the swap-meet. As usual, I will be brings a few drivers (mostly new and unused) to the gathering as well as a few odds and ends like some test cabinets I'm not using, and would be glad to trade or sell some of these items at a great price. So, if you have something - drivers, equipment, CD's etc. that might want to sell or trade, bring them along and let's see what happens.

Jeff B.
    Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Re: InDIYana Gathering, Mexi-fest, and Swap Meet

Great idea. Please PM if any one has interest in NIB RS180S-8 and TB704D. Lightly used RS150S-8, RS225S-8, and RS28AS-4. I have some Aura NS6s and NS3-193-4 ohm.

I'll bring a few if no PMs
    John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
      It's getting close to that time folks. I am sure all of you are getting ready with your speakers almost complete, especially those Ludicrosity entries. Mine is coming together. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be assembling a set of towers on Friday before coming up on Saturday. Whew, I hope all of that works out.:eek:

Agaves has got the lunch Mexi-fest down, so get your burrito-appetite ready because they're the real enchilada.:applause:

And brings us to the swap-meet. As usual, I will be brings a few drivers (mostly new and unused) to the gathering as well as a few odds and ends like some test cabinets I'm not using, and would be glad to trade or sell some of these items at a great price. So, if you have something - drivers, equipment, CD's etc. that might want to sell or trade, bring them along and let's see what happens.

Jeff B.
      See if you came Friday night, you'd also get to join us at Don Hall's: The Factory steakhouse. You miss that one every year, Jeff...
      Later,
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
        See if you came Friday night, you'd also get to join us at Don Hall's: The Factory steakhouse. You miss that one every year, Jeff...
        Later,
        Wolf
        Yes, I miss Friday night every year, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to get a room since I can drive in early Saturday morning. This year, I was thinking of doing Friday too, it was my wife's idea. Now it seems I may be assembling my tower speakers on Friday. We'll see how it works out.

Jeff
        Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
          Later,
          Wolf
          We hope to be there Friday. Getting excited!! Can't wait to see everyone again and listen to some new designs!! I'll be bringing 4 different pairs, I'll let y'all decide what gets played if there's time
          "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
          "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

Ben, do you have anymore of the reserved rooms available? We would need 2 queen beds, or something along those lines to accommodate my cousin and his son, and my son and I.
            "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
            "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

I wont be there, im not even close to indiana, but I cant wait to read the reports and comments on the new speakers!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post
                Ben, do you have anymore of the reserved rooms available? We would need 2 queen beds, or something along those lines to accommodate my cousin and his son, and my son and I.
                Hang out with Bryan, Craig and myself - no need for a bed. We don't sleep.
                Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                  Hang out with Bryan, Craig and myself - no need for a bed. We don't sleep.
                  I can vouch for that.

Also, in response to the OP, that restaurant might be the bomb for Mexican in the Midwest, but y'all come to Phoenix, and I'll show you some REAL Mexican that'll blow the doors off that joint.

Just sayin' ;)

Mark
                  You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Wolf: I know you are hosting the event but i hope you can manage the role as photographer in chief also...You always take some great looking shots!

Best of luck for your venue... ;)

Bob C.
                    NLA

Comment

Originally posted by Mark65 View Post
                      ...that restaurant might be the bomb for Mexican in the Midwest, but y'all come to Phoenix, and I'll show you some REAL Mexican ...
                      I gotta admit I had great authentic stuff in Phoenix
                      ( FWIW: there are other Mexican restaurants in the Fort I prefer - To it's credit Ft Wayne has a large number of eateries to choose from )
                      "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                      “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                      "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Also, in response to the OP, that restaurant might be the bomb for Mexican in the Midwest, but y'all come to Phoenix, and I'll show you some REAL Mexican that'll blow the doors off that joint.

Just sayin' ;)

Mark
                        You should come to my neighborhood to get "REAL" Mexican food :D
                        My Statement monitors
                        My Piccolatas
                        My LM3886 amp

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                          I gotta admit I had great authentic stuff in Phoenix
                          ( FWIW: there are other Mexican restaurants in the Fort I prefer - To it's credit Ft Wayne has a large number of eateries to choose from )
                          You make a great point, I've only been to Ft Wayne once, and only had Mexican at Agave's. The Factory that Wolf referred to was awesome, however. One of my favorite steak houses ever. I've no doubt that it can't compare to places like Donovan's or Morton's or Ruth's Chris, but an entire table eats for the cost of a meal at those places, and they do a very nice job both in quality of the food and quality of service (which, by the way, was stellar the night we went there). By contrast, the steak house near the Grinnell venue was SERIOUSLY disappointing, I expected much more from an Iowa steak house, and I'll never eat at that one again.

Mark

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Silver1omo View Post
                            You should come to my neighborhood to get "REAL" Mexican food :D

Indeed. I've had street hot dogs in Tijuana, and they were awesome. But we have a few places here that do the actual real stuff, like cesos, lengua, and cabeza tacos and burritos. I love that stuff, but I'd never subject visiting Midwesterners to it, the culture shock might be too much.:D Another of my favorites is Siete Mares Sopa, and I love a good bowl of Menudo.

Mark

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Indeed. I've had street hot dogs in Tijuana, and they were awesome. But we have a few places here that do the actual real stuff, like cesos, lengua, and cabeza tacos and burritos. I love that stuff, but I'd never subject visiting Midwesterners to it, the culture shock might be too much.:D Another of my favorites is Siete Mares Sopa, and I love a good bowl of Menudo.

Mark
                              We have a connoisseur! Menudo, torta ahogada or birria are the best for a hangover. I need to visit Phoenix...
                              My Statement monitors
                              My Piccolatas
                              My LM3886 amp

Comment

Working...
                              X