Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Small Stack; a Micro 3-way.

Any updates on this Joey?
    If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
    What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
    It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

Yeah! My life is too freaking busy!!! :p

The drivers and mic are sitting in my man room waiting for me to have time to cut the baffles and make the cabinets.
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Finally going to try and get some sawdust flying on this tonight/over the weekend.

Ben or others, when you said modeling rolloffs, do you mean in a program?
        Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Cool project. That tagband woofer is very interesting..... do you think it would be able to run up to 700 or 800 Hz or would that be pushing it too far?

Comment

Originally posted by rpb View Post
            Polarity can be checked with a small 1.5 volt battery, but really doesn't matter until the speaker is done.
            I think it's a good idea to check it now and then mark the positive terminal with a red sharpie to save headaches later. Positive voltage applied to the positive terminal should cause the driver to move outward.
            Best Regards,

Rory Buszka
            Product Manager, Dayton Audio

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Comment

Thanks Greg! I honestly have no idea, but if I get to that point soon I will def relay the info.

Thanks Rory!

Does anyone see anything wrong with my baffle width before I cut and route these suckas?

Comment

get off the damn fence and git-r-done !!! its only wood , more grows everyday ... :p

LOL
                Paper Towers
                RS180P/28F surrounds
                Boombox

Comment

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
                  get off the damn fence and git-r-done !!! its only wood , more grows everyday ... :p

LOL
                  Bwhahahaha. So I cut the 1" MDF in a 7.25" strip. And that's it. :p

Having a kid is a wonderfully frustrating thing. :D

Comment

lol
                    Paper Towers
                    RS180P/28F surrounds
                    Boombox

Comment

Strip is now cut into a 14"x7.25" piece. :p Hooray.

Comment

Now that's progress!
                        Your results may vary.

Comment

bout damn time ... :p
                          Paper Towers
                          RS180P/28F surrounds
                          Boombox

Comment

Bwhaahah. Thanks guys.

By the way, finally ordered the woofer for my boombox build and sound bar build. More stuff on the stove. :D

Comment

Templates made for frames....

Comment

Soooooooo...... RESURRECTION! Going to start back on this project now that academy is over! Going to work on getting these cabinets done. Update coming this weekend after cabinets are built and then I have questions on beginning measurements. I did download PCD and check it out a bit.....

Comment

Working...
                                X