X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Small Stack; a Micro 3-way.

No laughing... what's DATS?

EDIT......

So the DATS gives me the T/S measurements and the mic will give me the actual speakers responses to input?
    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

I think it stands for Dayton Audio Test System, but it's the software/hardware I used to measure the t/s parameters of those drivers you brought up.
      -Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post
        I think it stands for Dayton Audio Test System, but it's the software/hardware I used to measure the t/s parameters of those drivers you brought up.
        Thank you sir.

Ok.
        Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

And yes to your edit
          -Kerry

Comment

It ALSO is used to output your "in-box" "Z" (impedance, or .zma) files, which you plug into your fav. XO simulator along with in-box .frd (FR) files from your mic setup (using some free software like ARTA, or several others).

Comment

I understand there is an impending update to DATS. Does anyone have a projected release date?
              Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
                I'm going to be ordering the drivers for this today. Are there any other parts I can order now that you can foresee me needing (crossover parts, anything to help with mesuring, etc)?
                Get some x-over parts to play with, and some jumper wires. I have a few extra terminal cups I'd like to sell you. If you buy the tweeter, the freight difference would be small.

Comment

Got a set of drivers headed my way. and a UMM-6. :D

Comment

Sounds like a perfect thing to do on a holiday weekend in between barbecues and beaches....

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
                    Got a set of drivers headed my way. and a UMM-6. :D
                    Loren Jones

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-sound-drivers

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...for-live-sound

Comment

• Re: The Small Stack; a Micro 3-way.

Originally posted by lorenmjones View Post
                      Sounds like a perfect thing to do on a holiday weekend in between barbecues and beaches....
                      Shoot. It sure would be if they arrived by tomorrow. :p Oh well. I got plenty of time to play and figure stuff out this summer.

In other news, ironically, Bart had an Emo mini-x for sale at a can't refuse price. That is also on my way. :D :D

Comment

When I saw that in the FS section I was wondering if you were gonna pick it up :P
                        -Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post
                          When I saw that in the FS section I was wondering if you were gonna pick it up :P
                          :D At $150 it was tempting. $125 was a no brainer. And Bart is good people.

Comment

Well well well..... What do we have here?!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401321439.206702.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	1158218

Comment

Two boxes and a small backpack, adjacent to a handcrafted carpet.

At least, thats my take.
                              Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                                Two boxes and a small backpack, adjacent to a handcrafted carpet.

At least, thats my take.
                                It's a big backpack thank you very much!!!! :D

Personally, I think these are beautiful drivers. And hefty as all get out. These are going to be the heaviest small speaker ever.

The mid has a carbon fiber looking cone, and both the woofer and mid are very solid, heavy drivers. First impressions have me real happy.

I'll get better pics tomorrow hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X