The Small Stack; a Micro 3-way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Small Stack; a Micro 3-way.

So now that I have the drivers and the UMM-6, where do I head from here? do I need to build the cabinet, or just the baffle....

Thanks!
    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
      So now that I have the drivers and the UMM-6, where do I head from here? do I need to build the cabinet, or just the baffle....

Thanks!
      Model your rolloffs for best results, and build your boxes- then measure.
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
        Model your rolloffs for best results, and build your boxes- then measure.
        Wolf
        Thanks Wolf!
        Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

I just build the box then meausure. I see people measure with just a baffle but I believe that is just to do Sims? I don't see how you could do off axis measurements on just a baffle.

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
            I just build the box then meausure. I see people measure with just a baffle but I believe that is just to do Sims? I don't see how you could do off axis measurements on just a baffle.
            Well, gonna be some time as a few commissioned jobs come ahead of mine. :(

Comment

sexy looking driver combination. can't wait for more updates

Comment

Well, gonna be some time as a few commissioned jobs come ahead of mine. :(
                Hopefully one of those is mine so I can beat you to production with my own (but dramatically different) micro 3-way :D If you haven't figured out the measurement stuff before mine is ready, I can spend a few hours helping you get everything figured out when I come down to pick mine up.
                -Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post
                  Hopefully one of those is mine so I can beat you to production with my own (but dramatically different) micro 3-way :D If you haven't figured out the measurement stuff before mine is ready, I can spend a few hours helping you get everything figured out when I come down to pick mine up.
                  Hahha. Yours will definitely beat me to production as I will definitely get yours done before mine, unless I get to a point of building "wait" time.

I think that sounds like a perfect plan, and hopefully I can get my old, dusty and slow desktop computer up and running with the proper programs to start messing around with it all to lessen the learning curve. Kerry, as an update, I hope to start yours in the next week or so.

Comment

Do you guys think I should offset any of the drivers or leave them aligned?

Comment

I love how you have them lined up in your picture above, almost thought you had built a cardboard box for them already. You need to place something next to them to give some idea of scale. Looking good so far and good luck on the boxes.
                      If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
                      What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
                      It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper Tom View Post
                        I love how you have them lined up in your picture above, almost thought you had built a cardboard box for them already. You need to place something next to them to give some idea of scale. Looking good so far and good luck on the boxes.
                        bwahhahaha. I didn't even think of it! Just throw a rough first order on all the parts and see how it sounds out of the box? :p

I do love their alignment just like that, and it lends to the name, just wasn't sure if there is immediate benefit to not lining them up.

That woofer demands a 1" baffle. Good thing I gots that. ;)

Comment

I love how all this stemmed from the curiosity of a single driver, that of which isn't even being used anymore :p

I also love the look of those HDS GFC cones.
                          Your results may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by mattp View Post
                            I love how all this stemmed from the curiosity of a single driver, that of which isn't even being used anymore :p

I also love the look of those HDS GFC cones.
                            Bwahahahhaha. That's my favorite part. Maybe I should rename it "Peerless Buyout?" :p :p

Thanks Matt. I think they are gorgeous. Kind of had me thinking of another build even though this one barely has it's foot in the door. :D

Comment

Hahha. Yours will definitely beat me to production as I will definitely get yours done before mine, unless I get to a point of building "wait" time.

I think that sounds like a perfect plan, and hopefully I can get my old, dusty and slow desktop computer up and running with the proper programs to start messing around with it all to lessen the learning curve. Kerry, as an update, I hope to start yours in the next week or so.
                              Joey, I'm in no hurry. I won't be able to do anything with it for a little over a month in reality. With the wedding coming up, most of my free time for the next two weeks will be dedicated to that. Then I'll be gone for about 3 more. I won't be ready to pick up until after July 7, so if want to move someone up earlier in your cue, that's no big deal.
                              -Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post
                                Joey, I'm in no hurry. I won't be able to do anything with it for a little over a month in reality. With the wedding coming up, most of my free time for the next two weeks will be dedicated to that. Then I'll be gone for about 3 more. I won't be ready to pick up until after July 7, so if want to move someone up earlier in your cue, that's no big deal.
                                Thanks for the heads up. That does help a bunch. As soon as I start I'll let you know. Maybe I will have a nice wedding gift for you. :p

Comment

Working...
                                X