Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Small Stack; a Micro 3-way.

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. That does help a bunch. As soon as I start I'll let you know. Maybe I will have a nice wedding gift for you. :p
    For one of us at least ;)
    -Kerry

Comment

So, just played around with the mid and woofer using my new toy (Emotiva Mini-X).

I let the mid play full range. I know this probably means next to nothing, but thought it was worth posting. I just in passing on the way to wire up the mid to the amp had a tall popcorn cup in the man room and threw the Peerless in there (in which it almost fit perfectly). It surprisingly sounded quite nice! I really enjoyed it's tone. I'm sure this will change a bit but it put a smile on my face, and has me eager to get an enclosure built.

If the mid put a smile on my face, the woofer gave me a Joker-sheet-eating-grin. Again, looked over my shoulder and saw a 5lb cardboard screw box just about empty. Amazingly, the woofer fit just about perfect in there as well. I eq'ed out everything above 500hz and kept the 250 and below with a slight upward smirk to 32hz or whatever it is down low. I really think this project shows great promise. That woofer had my floor vibrating through the cardboard box, through the mini-x through my 40lb inert bookshelf.

Is school out yet??? :D
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Haha my roomie's senior class had Graduation tonight, so not much longer for you either, I imagine

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
        return to the source
        leviathan system thread
        deadhorse thread
        shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

June 14.... Come on baby....
          Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Did you take advantage of the Memorial day sale and buy an OmniMic and DATS? After you do that you will be trying to build speakers left and right.

Edit: Forgot you have an apple :(
            If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
            What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
            It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

I didn't even see it. I picked up a umm-6 and didn't order the DATS since it is still not available( or did that change recently).....

Comment

I just read this whole thread! This is one of the speaker types I want to build. Keep the info and pictures coming. I can not wait to see the finished product. Old1Bob..................

Comment

Joey, when we get both of our speakers built, we will have to do a micro 3-way face-off. Unfortunately, I think your drivers severely out class mine :( ;)
                  -Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Old1Bob View Post
                    I just read this whole thread! This is one of the speaker types I want to build. Keep the info and pictures coming. I can not wait to see the finished product. Old1Bob..................
                    Thanks OB! Likewise.

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post
                    Joey, when we get both of our speakers built, we will have to do a micro 3-way face-off. Unfortunately, I think your drivers severely out class mine :( ;)
                    Crossover makes most of the speaker, so don't count yourself out yet. I'm sure yours will still be banging. And I'm sure you will have a fair hand in building/creating mine. :p

Comment

P0RN-

Comment

So....quick question. The woofer isn't marked to my knowledge which terminal is positive/negative. No difference in size of tab, no markings, etc. The only thing I can see that may differentiate them is a marking on the former of a red line closer to one terminal than the other. Any guesses?

Other than that....I'm bored, avoiding bed, and played the mid and woofer a bit tonight on two separate channels to break in a bit while I did some wiring work in the man room.

Comment

So....quick question. The woofer isn't marked to my knowledge which terminal is positive/negative. No difference in size of tab, no markings, etc. The only thing I can see that may differentiate them is a marking on the former of a red line closer to one terminal than the other. Any guesses?

Other than that....I'm bored, avoiding bed, and played the mid and woofer a bit tonight on two separate channels to break in a bit while I did some wiring work in the man room.
                          Polarity can be checked with a small 1.5 volt battery, but really doesn't matter until the speaker is done.

Comment

JB,

What is the status of this 3-way project (which I believe should be named the "Backpack")?
                            Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                              JB,

What is the status of this 3-way project (which I believe should be named the "Backpack")?
                              Bwahhahha. It is 6th in my queue of work. Seos TD12X, Soundbar baffle, Continuum baffles, Kairos flat pack, micro 3-way flatpack....

Small stack backpack?

Comment

Bwahhahha. It is 6th in my queue of work. Seos TD12X, Soundbar baffle, Continuum baffles, Kairos flat pack, micro 3-way flatpack....

Small stack backpack?
                                Brilliant.
                                Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Working...
                                X