Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhollander
    replied
    Re: Fun Question (maybe) -- IB Install -- Using 2nd Floor As Giant Tuned Port

I'm not able to comprehend your manifold length but this can easily be modeled in horn response.

Leave a comment:

• nod
    replied
    Re: Fun Question (maybe) -- IB Install -- Using 2nd Floor As Giant Tuned Port

Originally posted by Tin_Ears View Post
    ... convert the underside of a stairwell into a giant folded horn.
    I like that idea.

Leave a comment:

• Fun Question (maybe) -- IB Install -- Using 2nd Floor As Giant Tuned Port

Suppose a person installs an IB setup with dual pairs of 18" subwoofers that feed through manifolds from the second floor into the first floor. First floor is 16x20x9 feet and the second floor is 16x18x8 (sloped walls so probably about 5 foot average height). Could a person effectively "port" the second floor with sonotube or tall open columns that feed through the opposite end of the room to tune the IB subs to single digits? This is assuming the second floor can be sealed effectively, of course.

If you wish to ask why... again, it's just a fun thought... or maybe not.;) Also, WAF is not an issue.:D

I just thought of another screwy idea... convert the underside of a stairwell into a giant folded horn. Hey, it's often wasted space anyway.
Working...
X