No announcement yet.

InDIYana 2014: The bar keeps on rising.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: InDIYana 2014: The bar keeps on rising.

A big thank you :applause: to all the participants! I had a wonderful time with the streaming Sat. A BIG thumbs up to those that threw a great event.
    Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
    DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
    Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

This was my first time attending Indy.

Ben, wow, very well done. Thank you for putting it together.

It was nice to see everyone and meet some new folks. I really enjoyed all the entries and discovered besides the ribbons I like the Hiquphon tweeters.
      John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Any foot-tapping on my part was entirely unintentional and no meaning whatsoever should be attributed to it, plus I have absolutely no idea of who or what Qneensrysche is!
        Paul

Originally posted by craigk View Post
        really good event. the height of the bar moved up a little at this event. there were truly no bad speakers. I know people always say this, but for the first time, I can truthfully say, there were no bad speakers. a few that might need a little tweak here and there, but no speakers that made the dogs howl, ears bleed, or you had to leave the room on. great job to ever one. thanks to all the people that put time, effort, made donations, and contributed to the event, including all that attended. nice to see all the regulars, as well as some new faces in the crowd.

just want to mention a few speakers that were standouts. chuck, I really liked your entry, just a little tweaking and I think you will have a real winner on your hands. jeffb, for your TMM semi, hemi, passive radiator, what ever that thing is/was/will be, just for thinking outside the box and coming up with a unique approach to bass issues. well done on all accounts. dave p. I am not a fan of horns or wave guides, but if I was building some party speakers, your speaker entry would be one of the first on my list. paul carmody, if I could have pulled the walnut off the boxes of your speakers, your speakers would have went home naked. some of the best looking speakers I have ever seen, and they sound ok too. to the guy that had all the junk for sale in the back of the room, it was great to finally meet, and had a great time hanging out. punch chris in the elbow, and I am now offering $ 60.00.
        my finale thought is for Wolf, I am so glad you only wanted two drivers. jeffb you are the man. :D

p.s. paulk, we were watching when you were tapping your foot to Queensryche, there is hope in the world after all. :applause:

Comment

I didn't think I'd spend the whole time just listening to speakers, but really that is what I did. Apologies for ignoring anyone at the event, it was my first and I was just sucked in by the chance to listen to all the designs! Good turnout, I think Ben was tired by Saturday night!
          Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
          Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
            I didn't think I'd spend the whole time just listening to speakers, but really that is what I did. Apologies for ignoring anyone at the event, it was my first and I was just sucked in by the chance to listen to all the designs! Good turnout, I think Ben was tired by Saturday night!
            I slept more Friday night than Thursday night. But yeah- it wears ya out. I'm glad Rory and Matt ran the evening Saturday- cuz I was whooped.

Later,
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
            https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

[QUOTE=

p.s. paulk, we were watching when you were tapping your foot to Queensryche, there is hope in the world after all. :applause:[/QUOTE]

That's funny. Denial anin't no river!
              " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
              Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
              http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Good times...Good times. Thanks to Wolf for hosting. It is kinda weird meeting a lot of people from the forum. You kinda have preconceived idea about what people will be like, then they are totally different. I always suspected Wolf would be a crotchety old man. Turns out he is a crotchety young man.;)

Comment

^ yeh, i don't know why we have to put an imaginary face to someones username but we do!
                  I think it was Craigk that told me you know you dont look like i pictured! I forgot to ask what he thought i would look like!

For those that asked about the veneer i used it was "sapele quarter ribbon" and zebrawood on the front.
                  My Build Thread's
                  Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

Only thing I have to add is that I made some new friends, rubbed shoulders with some old friends and since I flew home into a blizzard last year I thought it appropriate I flew into funnel clouds at the airport this year.
                    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by kanemack View Post
                      Good times...Good times. Thanks to Wolf for hosting. It is kinda weird meeting a lot of people from the forum. You kinda have preconceived idea about what people will be like, then they are totally different. I always suspected Wolf would be a crotchety old man. Turns out he is a crotchety young man.;)
                      We're likely about the same age, you and I. I'm 36.

Later,
                      Wolf
                      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                      https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
                        I looked around at one point and you and Steph were gone, so I missed saying good-bye. I'm glad we got to have lunch together and catch up a little bit. You and Dan always bring such original and well-executed designs that I am always looking forward to what you are going to do next.

Jeff

I totally lost track of time. We needed to leave by 4:00. Steph asked me if we were ready to go when I thought it was about 2:00. She showed me the time and it was 20 minutes to 4 so we had to pack up quick and go. You were up front busy but I did get a chance to talk to Ben before we skipped out and one or two others but that was about it. Unfortunately we couldn't stay longer and missed all the three ways which I really wanted to hear.

I did enjoy our lunch conversation as usual and look forward to next years.

Dave
                        http://www.pellegreneacoustics.com/

Trench Seam Method for MDF
                        https://picasaweb.google.com/101632266659473725850

Comment

Yeah, I know it's become a cliche to say the bar keeps raising, but I couldn't help but think that thought several times throughout the day.

A few standout speakers for me during the day:

The MTM blues. For some reason, I liked these much more than the TM Blues (which were pretty good on their own). These were just so easy to listen to, and imaged quite well.

Chuck's series 2-way. Unorthodox cabinetry aside, they actually sounded quite good. I'm curious to see what the final goal is with the cabinet design.

The hexagonal series 2-way (I'm sorry, I don't remember whose it was) Not only did this speaker LOOK really well-done, but it sounded great. Very pleasing to listen to, and as Phil Bamberg and I both noticed, they imaged really well.

CJD's 3-ways. They looked great, and sounded great as well. Awesome bass from a pair of 7".
                          Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                          Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
                            Yeah, I know it's become a cliche to say the bar keeps raising, but I couldn't help but think that thought several times throughout the day.

A few standout speakers for me during the day:

The MTM blues. For some reason, I liked these much more than the TM Blues (which were pretty good on their own). These were just so easy to listen to, and imaged quite well.

Chuck's series 2-way. Unorthodox cabinetry aside, they actually sounded quite good. I'm curious to see what the final goal is with the cabinet design.

The hexagonal series 2-way (I'm sorry, I don't remember whose it was) Not only did this speaker LOOK really well-done, but it sounded great. Very pleasing to listen to, and as Phil Bamberg and I both noticed, they imaged really well.

CJD's 3-ways. They looked great, and sounded great as well. Awesome bass from a pair of 7".
                            Thanks Paul. I can't wait to see what I come up with for the finish as well!
                            https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Dp
                              https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

I forgot to add a great lunch at a place exactly like I would love to spend an entire Sunday drinking beer (thanks Chuck - believe it or not, that was right up my alley) and, TSA at O'Hare for defusing my stress when they got excited about the Omnimic my friend Tony won. That thing really confused them!
                                Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X