No announcement yet.

InDIYana 2014: The bar keeps on rising.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: InDIYana 2014: The bar keeps on rising.

Originally posted by 4thtry View Post
    Another random sample:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47385[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]47386[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]47387[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]47388[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]47389[/ATTACH]
    Can someone tell me what drivers are used in these:
    1) White 2-way?
    2) Pentagonal (???) 2-way with the walnut?? top and bottom

Anyone willing to say how they sounded?

3) I also thought I saw someone use the paper version of the Dayton RS woofer. How did that sound and is it similar to the aluminum version...differences?

Those looks really nice!
    Paul

The "SB's" build page
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-4-(pic-heavy)

Comment

Originally posted by bullittstang View Post
      Can someone tell me what drivers are used in these:
      1) White 2-way?
      2) Pentagonal (???) 2-way with the walnut?? top and bottom

Anyone willing to say how they sounded?

3) I also thought I saw someone use the paper version of the Dayton RS woofer. How did that sound and is it similar to the aluminum version...differences?

Those looks really nice!
      The white two-way are my "Tributes" that won the contest at the event. The details are available through the thread on the Tributes.

Jeff
      Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

The six sided enclosures with the walnut top and bottom were DanP's contest entry. From where I was sitting I thought they sounded every bit as good as Jeff's. Both sounded excellent.

The small bookshelf with the Dayton RS150P paper mid woofers were my "Jonquils". I hadn't posted any baffle layout or crossover specs because I wanted to have others here them first. Based on some very positive compliments I receive from a couple of guys I have a lot of respect for I think I'll post the design details as soon as I get home from this work trip.
        Craig

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
          Interesting, someone with a connection to both Jeff Bagby's
          Well, I've used both their products: San Diego Bagby's beer and Kokomo Bagby's software. I think Stan (aka stan) knows him reasonably well.
          Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
            p.s. paulk, we were watching when you were tapping your foot to Queensryche, there is hope in the world after all. :applause:
            You have no idea how hilarious that is, especially since he doesn't even know what you are talking about when you mention Queensryche! LOL

Comment

Received the pics from Bill S (4thtry)...Many thanks Bill, YOU ROCK!!!

The archived page on the Midwest Audio Club web site is updated and the gallery is posted. Enjoy! http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/even...indiyana-2014/

There are over 300 pics. It might take a while (a long while) for the pics to load. The quality is incredible though, so it's worth the wait. Again, thanks to Bill!!
              Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Thanks Bill and Bryan the pics are great.
                John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Morning Guys!

Has anyone done a full write-up on the show? If so where are the listening impression reviews. I've seen a couple specific write-ups but not a full walk-around and that would be exciting to read!

Comment

I agree, Paul, apology in order.

Originally posted by Paul K.
                    I do happen to know who Queensryche is Mr. Buttinski and Smarty Pants even though I don't have any desire to listen to them. Many of the people at InDIYana are my friends and all share in this hobby. We have a good time kidding each other about our musical preferences without belittling or looking down at each other. I took no offense from Craig's comments as none was intended. Why did you feel it necessary to be offensive and insulting?

Comment

• Re: InDIYana 2014: The bar keeps on rising.

Hey, old friend! How things? I know you've had some challenges of late, but I'd love to hear from you. It's looking like I'll be moving soon, closer to Olympia, WA in the little burg of Tumwater. My physical situation has been declining quite fast...had to stop riding, and can't even build speakers anymore. I need to be closer to my family and friends, because this aging-in-dog-years carcass requires me to need more help. It'll be a smaller place, but no yard to take care of. I will have a spare bedroom if you ever find yourself up this way. I won't be able to crank the music, as the neighbors are closer, but I'm thinking of doing some sound-proofing in one room so I can turn it up a little. If you have any knowledge about that stuff, it'd be great to hear your opinions on it. I'll let you know my new e-mail address, as I'll be able to finally dump this worst-customer-service-ever TDS Telecom outfit in favor of something more mainstream in the larger metro area. Glad to see you're still kickin' around. My abilities have decreased enough that I had to collaborate on the Statement Monitor cabinets with a local guy, bungalow_ed a few years back. They knock the crap out of, uhm, well, you know. If you need an excuse to come for a visit, these speakers are it. Now that I have my Emotiva separates, it's imaging, SQ, transparency and soundfield-size heaven! Call me, and let me know what you've been doing. I miss not having someone to talk about MotoGP and WSBK with.

John A.
                      "Children play with b-a-l-l-s and sticks, men race, and real men race motorcycles"-John Surtees
                      Emotiva UPA-2, USP-1, ERC-1 CD
                      Yamaha KX-390 HX-Pro
                      Pioneer TX-9500 II
                      Yamaha YP-211 w/Grado GF3E+
                      Statement Monitors
                      Vintage system: Yamaha CR-420, Technics SL-PG100, Pioneer CT-F8282, Akai X-1800, Morel(T)/Vifa(W) DIY 2-way in .5 ft3
                      Photos: http://custom.smugmug.com/Electronic...#4114714_cGTBx
                      Blogs: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=2003

Comment

Just browsed through the pictures. Fantastic work. There's a lot of talent in this bunch for sure.

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/even...indiyana-2014/
                        1: Sony DVP-S7000 | Denon DVD-2900 | Laptop > Parasound Zdac > Denon AVR-5700 > Focal 826V | Def Tech BP2000 | (2) DIY 15" Subs powered by Crown XLS2500
                        2: Computer > Schiit ‹bered Bifrost > Emotiva RCA Control Freak > Crown XLS 1500 > Focal 706V | Def Tech SM450 | Velodyne F-1000B Sub

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
                          Thanks Bill and Bryan the pics are great.
                          Your welcome, John, Bryan! Hope everyone likes the pics. They should be high enough resolution to print an 8x10 or larger, if desired. They are fully color corrected, so if your printer is calibrated, they should print with natural looking colors.

Bill
                          SideTowers: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...corundum-build
                          Totally Flat: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...5-totally-flat
                          Plumber's Delight: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...notech-winners
                          Linehopper: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...Esoteric-build

Comment

Originally posted by 4thtry View Post
                            Your welcome, John, Bryan! Hope everyone likes the pics. They should be high enough resolution to print an 8x10 or larger, if desired. They are fully color corrected, so if your printer is calibrated, they should print with natural looking colors.

Bill
                            Beautiful work, Bill. Thanks a bunch!
                            Dan N.

Comment

Paul....I'm sure Alan intended nothing more than a giggle.

I happened to be filming when Silent Lucidity was playing and I panned across your feet and they did indeed seem to be tapping to the beat. It's all good. And the fact that a Queensryche track was included in InDIYana is pure genius, IMO. :applause:

Originally posted by Paul K.
                              I do happen to know who Queensryche is Mr. Buttinski and Smarty Pants even though I don't have any desire to listen to them. Many of the people at InDIYana are my friends and all share in this hobby. We have a good time kidding each other about our musical preferences without belittling or looking down at each other. I took no offense from Craig's comments as none was intended. Why did you feel it necessary to be offensive and insulting?
                              Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

My favorite shot of the day - the lighting just suits the dark speaker!

Click image for larger version

Name:	dark.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	331.2 KB
ID:	1158412
                                See my projects on Instagram and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X